The world just got a little bit darker today.
by bleedsgreen04 (2009-03-24 21:47:00)

Jonathan Robert May, aka "FHSUIrish" just passed away. He was 27 years old.

Prayers for Johnny and your family *
by Santamonica  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless Jonathan and your family. *
by Slainte Joe  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
by coalcracker  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May Jonny Rest in Peace.

He IS with us all, NEVER to be forgotten. *
by cdb9396  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I prayed on my way to work today for FHSU...
by Raristotle  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...normally, I pray to John Paul II for healing of family and friends. This morning around 6:45ish, I specifically asked my mother (who recently died of cancer) to intercede for my family, my friends, and FHSU.

Although I never met him, I pulled for him in private. I now believe my mother helped FHSU during his transition. May eternal light shine upon FHSU; Notre Dame, Our Mother, Pray for FHSU.

Rest in peace, FHSU and God Bless Your Soul
by Jimbo Irish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless a true Notre Dame man and his family. *
by Irish72  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One more time. FHSU, we won't forget you. *
by GraniteBayDomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

F ! *
by GraniteBayDomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

H! *
by irishvol  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

S! *
by motownmike  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

U* *
by JOEYONTO  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just heard the news.
by the hibernian  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My deepest condolences and prayers are with your family.

So very sorry for your loss. He was a true Notre Dame man. *
by antidentite  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sorry. RIP FHSU. *
by Holtz  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It did, but Heaven got a bit brighter. Thoughts and prayers. *
by heyder  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh dear Lord. So sorry to hear this.
by NiteOak  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just checked the board after being gone all day...I'm so very sorry for your loss. This is deeply saddening...I'm aching deeply for all of you right now.

Prayers will continue for FHSU and for all of your family...a devastating loss. I will think of him tonight being led by choirs of angels into paradise, and welcomed by Lazarus at the gates of the eternal kingdom.

This is very sad indeed.
by Celtic  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will keep you and Jonny's family & friends in my thoughts and prayers. I don't check the board much and tend to lurk, but his story was really something else and was the first thing I'd scan for when the page loaded.

God bless.

I'm very sorry this dreaded day has come. R.I.P. F.H.S.U. *
by RocketShark  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sad. *
by PWK2  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very, very sad...RIP *
by LocalSubAlum  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I encourage you to read his blog
by WLO  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just read Jon's blog from start to finish. I have never met him, but it is obvious from his writings that he was a very special person. His blog is the story of one man's struggle againt insurmoutable odds. The way he was able to maintain a positive outlook throughout the whole ordeal is awe inspiring. If you haven't read his blog I encourage you to...it is a story about life and it will make you sob. I pray for his wife and family, may God bring peace to them during this difficult time.

Link, please. I want to spend more time with FHSU * *

Here is the link
by mkovac  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

http://www.jonnymay.org/

Thanks - what a wonderful, courageous soul now with God *
by 21TAS  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many thanks. *

God Bless FHSU--RIP Jon *
by abqgant  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My prayers go out to his family and friends.
by The Holtz Room  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

RIP FHSU.

A death in the family.
by OldGold  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Please accept our deepest sympathy and extend our condolences to your extraordinary family. Jon was and always will be a major part of our Notre Dame family.

One never felt that one was speaking to a "young" man when talking or communicating with Jon. He was "just" a man. It runs in the May family.

When I finally had the pleasure of introducing my wife to Jonny last Fall, he was clearly weakened (but not so much that he couldn't sit in the downpour at enjoy every minute of the Michigan destruction). Yet my wife's reaction was, "he's so strong".

Perhaps the greatest benefit I've enjoyed from being a member of the Notre Dame family is in meeting the others who share that blessing. Not only was he one of the family, he was as true an example of what an ND man can be as I've ever met. He would, of course, shrug off such a sentiment: that was part of his charm.

My day began with the news of the death of a high school friend, a fine and decent man who enjoyed a successful career as a college and high school basketball coach. He was 63 and had just been diagnosed with cancer; as he prepared for that battle his heart failed and he was gone. I mourn him, but he had a longer life. The feeling we get from your sad news -- as unsurprising as it might be -- is initially focused on the brevity of Jon's life. No life well-lived is ever long enough. But he touched so many people, his battle was so noble and inspiring, that he shall live on in all of us. Yes, he was strong beyond description. But he was also sweet, and funny. And he gave as good as he got, didn't he? Your loss is ours.

I saw a cartoon some years back, two guys next to each other on a playground swingset in Heaven. One says to the other: "Five hundred TV channels up here, and every one is tuned to Notre Dame football!". And so it will stay: Jon won't let anyone mess with the remote.

He persevered and earned that Master's in Public Health. He managed to tease his brothers whenever the opportunity arose. Thanks to Brandy, he found love and marriage. It was indeed a life well-lived. It goes on in our hearts. We are profoundly sorry for your loss, J.

Well said OG. Condolences on the loss of two friends today *
by irishvol  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No 27 year old could possibly be more missed
by DakotaDomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow, this is a dark day...thank you for what must have been the most difficult update you've ever made bleedsgreen. Please send your family our love.

God bless and may we all take time to count our blessings *
by teachme  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you, FHSU

A lot of us prayed for you. Now you can pray for us. Go with God. You will not be forgotten here.

RIP Jonny
by motownmike  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really wish we could have met. I know we tried to connect for a Tigers game last year.... Now I regret that we did not.

So sorry for your loss
by xChicagoIrish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had the pleasure of meeting Jon twice and each time it struck me how positive he was about life. Even in a wheelchair with an oxygen tank, he had a better outlook than most of us. His attitude really put things into perspective.

God Bless FHSU
by hermanhooten  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And prayers to you, his brother and the entire May family.

As I leave for KS a few thoughts and a picture.
by OITLinebacker  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon (a subway alum) was a bigger Notre Dame fan than most of ND folks I graduated with (no offense to them) and a bigger fan than me. I was privileged enough to spend 27 years of my life with him and one of the best memories I will have is a day that Jon and I had a few falls ago. We had a special mass with Fr. Hesburgh (in his office) and got a special tour of the stadium as the prepared to play Michigan (in '06 probably the highest point of the FB team in a long time). The link is a picture of that day.

I want to thank everyone back here for their kind words and prayers. Board ops if it is not too much trouble would you mind putting this picture with the text on the front page? Also any chance that this thread could be saved (in the almanac or somewhere?) I am thinking that I would like to print it out for my folks when I get to KS.

Thank you all so much. Yours in Notre Dame,
Jeremy May (OITLinebacker)

I'll be HOFing it shortly *
by El Kabong  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just in case, I'll save a copy of the thread for you
by irishvol (click here to email the poster)  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it's not on the boards when you need it, let me know and I'll happily email it to you. Safe travels, and we're thinking of you guys.

RIP FHSU! * *
by Eric(the1)  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon we hardly knew ye ...
by Seamus  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have been in our hearts and minds for quite some time. Now you're with our ancestors. Say hi to my dad. You'll know him by his laugh. There's only one like it. You fought the good fight and set an example for all of us. Prayers for you and your family.

May he find peace, no braver man will I ever meet.
by JOEYONTO  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am sorry for you and your family's loss. Over the years Jon's struggles and faith ahve been such a strong inspiration to me, when things seem so bad in my life his courage made me realize how petty my troubles were. For such a young man to have that much strength in soul while his body betrayed him was a miracle. I hope the good lord find a place for him on his team , first team.

Truly sad news. God, please be with Jon's bride and family.
by 14str8  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never had the pleasure to meet Jon, but he touched me deeply. He and his family have been in my prayers since I first learned of his battle.

Rest In Peace and may the Good Lord welcome you with open arms.

May your spirit inspire the rest of us. You will be missed. *
by PogueMahone  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God speed! *
by The Mean Farmer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our loss is Heaven's gain
by ShermanOaksND  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless Jonny, Brandy, bleedsgreen, OITLinebacker and all of Jonny's loved ones. His was a life very well lived.

God bless you Jon, thank you for your presence here. *
by GMatous  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in Peace our dear friend. *
by Nitschke  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'll have skybox seats now for all the games.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless him and his family.

Thank you, Jonny, for sharing your life,
by Revue Party  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

your battle, your spirit and your inspiration with us.

We are far better people for having known you - even those of us who never met you. The love you've inspired from this special community is nothing short of remarkable.

This is both the saddest and most joyful days in the Back Room. We are deeply saddened by our loss of such a wonderful person but joyed to know you are now comfortably in heaven.

God bless you and your family, Bleeds.

My condolences, and may Jonny rest in peace *
by Top40Bubba  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God Bless You and Your Family *
by NavyJoe  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm so sorry. Rest in peace FHSU. *
by DoubleDomer0307  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers for your entire family
by Flat8  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you all with strength, comfort and His love.

Peace be with you and your family.
by dallas_subway  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers for you all.

for what it is worth in a time of grief, he obviously
by Irishlawyer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

touched many here. Many who never even met him and while the world is darker with his passing, he did give off a bit of light that lots and lots of people have retained. God bless.

God bless you and your family. Will stop at the Grotto today *
by chezhdchick  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry to hear this
by theburninator  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

So very sorry. *
by NDSax707  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sorry to hear. RIP FHSU. *
by Blarneyman  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Precious Lord, take his hand. Lead him home. God Bless. *
by Maroon_DBQer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is one of the saddest things I've read all year.
by Porpoiseboy  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your family will remain in my prayers, and I am thankful Jonathan's suffering is over.

I never had the privilege of meeting him, but
by 206er  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he sounds like a real champ.

To An Athlete Dying Young
by Foz95  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

THE time you won your town the race
We chaired you through the market-place;
Man and boy stood cheering by,
And home we brought you shoulder-high.

To-day, the road all runners come,
Shoulder-high we bring you home,
And set you at your threshold down,
Townsman of a stiller town.

Smart lad, to slip betimes away
From fields where glory does not stay,
And early though the laurel grows
It withers quicker than the rose.

Eyes the shady night has shut
Cannot see the record cut,
And silence sounds no worse than cheers
After earth has stopped the ears:

Now you will not swell the rout
Of lads that wore their honours out,
Runners whom renown outran
And the name died before the man.

So set, before its echoes fade,
The fleet foot on the sill of shade,
And hold to the low lintel up
The still-defended challenge-cup.

And round that early-laurelled head
Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead,
And find unwithered on its curls
The garland briefer than a girl's.

-- A. E. Housman

My most heart-felt condolences to you and your family.

I had the same thought.
by TheRockKilledMe  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will always be a champion in the Back Room.

Heaven got a little brighter
by IrishSpirit  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or whatever one's concept of 'life after death' might be. Death may not be a very significant event for the one involved, but it sure can be tough on the loved one's left behind. Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to them in this difficult time. Bon voyage Jon.

Heaven got a lot sunnier today. RIP *
by irishrock  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thoughts and prays go out to the family *
by steelhop  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jonny and your family are in my prayers. *
by NDBass  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sad to hear that. Rest in peace. *
by 528 Flanner  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i am so sorry
by AZDomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been worried about this for a while.

May he rest in peace and may the Lord being peace to him and your family.

Condolences; here's something St. Jerome wrote...
by Kbyrnes  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that a friend passed on to us 26 years ago, after our mother had died:

“Be at peace with your own soul, then heaven and earth will be at peace with you.”

It will take time--stay close to family.

I am very sorry to hear that; God bless *
by WrathofSorin  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May his courage, generosity of spirit, and gusto for life
by URwhatUR  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

be contagious.

We were lucky to have known him, even if only virtually. He shared a lot with this community and made this a better place. He inspired me to be a better friend and to live a more thoughtful life.

Thank you, bleedsgreen and OIT, for sharing your brother with us. Blessings and peace to you, Brandy, and your whole family.

Very sad. *
by ndfaninkc  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in Peace FHSU *
by mobscene  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you, Jon.
by Aces-Up  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You left one hell of a mark on this world, and we know with full confidence that you rest peacefully with the Lord today. You are a remarkable, inspiring man and I'm lucky to have known you.

Very sad....May God Bless Jonny and his family..... *
by thc  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish I had the chance to meet him. RIP FHSU. *
by John88  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His strength will continue to be an inspiriation to us. *
by FatBaldingJerk  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sorry to hear that. I hope to meet him someday upstair
by drmurray  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would be deeply humbled. He is an amazing human being.

You touched so many, you will always be in our hearts * *
by addison clark  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sad day. RIP Jonny *
by Buck Mulligan  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His was a long, hard fight, an example for us all.
by SWPaDem  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heaven's a little brighter now. Amen, Jon.

I'm so sorry for your - and our - loss.
by ndwineaux  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God, I knew it was coming. It's a helpless feeling. I honestly didn't know what to pray for this morning at Mass. I'm very grateful that his pain is gone. Imagine his happiness as Our Blessed Mother welcomes a true Man of God home; rewarding his fight and comforting him as we write in sadness.

Jon was so strong. When you wrote yesterday about how his body had deteriorated, it broke our heart. I read the post aloud to my wife and son - we were all in tears. He fought better than anyone would have expected. He is truly an inspiration.

I am proud to have known him and prouder still to call him a friend of my family's. Every time someone dismisses what we do here; a bunch of internet kooks talking about football and other stuff - they just don't realize what a gift this Board is. The relationships we develop here. Shit, I know what a lot of you are doing and can't say the same about half the people I went to college with.

That being said, it was an honor; a privilege to watch Jonny fight. How does the Lord permit such pain; such garbage to occur? He does it so we can realize just how precious our time - our lives - in this veil of tears are. Carry on as Jon would - fighting for what's really important.

Rest in peace, Jonathan May. Thank you for setting us straight. I'm sure God is rewarding you abundantly today. And I hope you'll welcome me and all of us some day, along with all of the other saints.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul
And the souls of all the faithfully departed
Through the mercy of God
Rest in peace, Amen.

A true Notre Dame man. From a true Notre Dame family. He and the May family deserves it now, more than ever:

Rally sons of Notre Dame,
Sing her glory, and sound her fame
Raise her Gold and Blue,
And cheer with voices true,
Rah! Rah! For Notre Dame.

We will fight in every game
Strong of heart and true to her name.
We will ne'er forget her
And we'll cheer her ever,
Loyal to Notre Dame.

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send the volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky,
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to Victory.

My prayers are with you and your family *
by Tiger Stadium  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you all. *
by InspectorClouseau  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sincere condolences. May he rest in peace. *
by EastofMidnight  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He brought out the best in this community. Rest in Peace. *
by bucket  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He won't ever be forgotten around here. *
by Cartwright  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Condolences and God bless you and yours.
by Ofcr. Tim McCarthy  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll light a candle at St. Pat's for Jon today. He was an inspiration (in the finest sense of the word) for lots of folks, including me.

So sorry to hear the news
by circuslunch  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has been in my prayers and will continue to be. We all know he is in a better place.

Rest In Peace, FHSU and God Bless all his family and friends *
by ndavis  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May God grant him eternal rest
by 1/4Dog  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and a sense of peace to his family.

RIP FHSU, and condolances to your family *
by goirishgo  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry to hear; my sincere condolences *
by signboy  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in Peace, FHSU *
by AlanND90  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My condolences to you and your family
by Vermin05  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I only talked to him through the chat a few times, but I could tell he was a special person. I know he is in a better place right now, looking down on you. God Bless.

I'll light a grotto candle for him this afternoon
by irish gypsy  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and another for his family.

God speed FHSU. My deepest condolences to you and your
by tex29  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

family. Though I only met Jonny once, I can honestly say I'll never forget him. He was a great man. May he rest in eternal peace.

I've been afraid of this for a long time. Such sad news
by IrishJoeinnc  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was a hero to so many of us it is almost like we've lost a best friend or son.

You don't often see a person with as much courage as he exhibited throughout the whole process of dying. If he was ever bitter, few ever heard the complaints.

May we all die as nobly when our time comes.

I'll miss FHSU posts. Perhaps we should continue them as a testament to his courage. Jon'll know we still are thinking of him.

I am so, so sorry to hear.
by jojo98  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many prayers for his wife and family. You all were certainly an inspiration in hope, faith and perseverance.

Rest in peace! Prayers to his wife and family! *
by SMC1984  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless - way too young to pass away *
by Raoul  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're all in our prayers.
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in peace Jonny.

May God comfort his sweet wife and family *
by mitquinn  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I bet he's still smiling, but now it's at all of us *
by Domer05  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May God welcome Jon into His kingdom and give you and
by Marble Rye  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

your family the grace to endure your loss.

R.I.P. Johnny May, The Back Room will miss you; Thank You
by NDFlyer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for keeping us all informed of his struggles. May God Bless him and your family.
More importantly, Thank you FHSU for your Love of Life.

Godspeed FHSU.
by tnirishfan  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You were always an inspiration to me.

Prayers and candles. May God hold you close. *
by newogem  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Words cannot adequately express how inspirational Jon was
by luvnd  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and remains to so many (who were fortunate enough to have met him) and to others, like me, who knew him through his blog and the postings from his family. While the world is lesser and heaven is greater with Jon's passing, it is also true that he has left this world a much better place through the courage, strength, devotion and love he showed and engendered. He showed us how to live well and how to face what life has in store for us even if it's not what we would ask for. May he rest in peace knowing he has been and remains beloved by many. May his family in their sorrow know that their life was blessed with his incomparable presence. He has more than earned angel wings. Good-by Jon and God Bless.

Prayers to the May family *
by weisirish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you, sir.
by mkovac  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have been through a lot, being strong for your brother, writing updates for us, when it was probably the last thing you wanted to do.

We have so appreciated your efforts to keep us posted and now, you go beyond the call of duty and let us know that your brother has passed into God's loving arms.

We love you and pray for you. We also weep for your wonderful brother. Be well. We are with you now and in all things.

Very well stated!
by Okcirish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God Bless you and your family.

Seconded
by gadomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think I will take a little walk.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family
by ddc  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And to all on these boards who came to know him, either through his posts, or personal meeting. Our "Nation" lost one of its shining stars.

My prayers and sympathies go out *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Namaste, Jon.
by Rudy36  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Death is not the end of who we are. It is only a brief pause in the endless cycle of our lives. Each of us is a spirit that cannot die."

Your spirit will stay with me always, Jon.

RIP Jonny
by cujaysfan  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you fought the good fight.

you inspired so many of us.

May God now hold you in the palm of his hand.

Rest in Peace, FHSU *
by aegis83  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest In Peace, you were such an inspiration... *
by domer79dad09  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll stop and say a prayer on the way home today
by saxattack29  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you, FHSU.

"Good night sweet prince...
by jonny  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest"

Anyone who knows, knows what that phrase means to me. OITL and bleedsgreen, you and your family are in my prayers. Your brother made all of us stronger and tougher.

Aw damn. The family is in my prayers. *
by BacTien  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deepest sympathy to your family and Jon's friends *
by gm73  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jonny May and family will be in our hearts forever!!!
by so_it_goes  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FHSU was a truly wonderful young man who should be a beacon for all of us, especially young adults. God bless you all, May family!

Rest in peace Jonny May
by xcal  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thank you for sharing your courage and heart with us.

Rest in Peace *
by MTIrish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was an inspiration
by ndaero93  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and he was a fighter and will be missed by those he touched (even those like me who never met him but felt I knew him).

You, your family, and Jon are in my thoughts and prayers.

'93

Sorry for your loss
by kwillett2000  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always read the updates that you posted or OITLinebacker posted on this board. Your family will be in my prayers tonight.

God Bless. *
by NDEE01  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry for your loss ... my prayers for you and your family *
by JC  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thoughts and prayers for Jon and his family *
by knutesteen  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am sure the Father has great plans for Jonny in Heaven. (v
by j3  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

RIP, Jonny..you inspired this Nation.
Here is a fitting musical tribute to him. Sorry but embed was disabled.

a sad day indeed, God bless him *
by ColoNDFan  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God Bless you and your family, FHSU. *
by Papa November  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers to your family *
by saintapollonia  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayer said. *
by Domerdad4  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in peace Jon *
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry to hear that. Prayers will be said. *
by ND1gal  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am sorry for your loss.
by dbldomer7375  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon will be missed.

Prayers for your family. *
by epmnet37  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sorry to hear that. *
by irishnc12  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in Peace, Jonny. *
by NDChavez  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in peace Jonathan Robert. *
by Walsh69  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sorry for your loss.
by jakam31  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jonny's story was new to my life, but after reading his blog and many of the stories that were posted around here I was touched, inspired, and moved by his courage and strength.

We should all take a lesson from this and walk a little more upright in his memory. There is no doubt he is with God now and his light will forever shine bright on all of us.

Last night I prayed for Jon - I asked God to ease his pain or take it away all together. My intention was healing, but God's intention was having Jon serve him in heaven. I am both apologetic and relieved. I am so sorry he passed, yet relieved he is no longer in any pain.

God Bless you and your family. God Bless Jon.

mkovac was right - Warrior, indeed.

God bless him. *
by TJK1998  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sad. Great guy *
by MikeFrank  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gone but hardly forgotten. Live Forever in Heaven Jon *
by RandalGraves  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Lord is his Shepherd, he shall not want *
by El Kabong  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless Jonny, and God bless you and your family. *
by JoeJackTalcum  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Behold, I make all things new."
by CMillar  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll see you on the other side, Jonny. My humble thanks for showing the way.

May his memory be eternal *
by El Greco  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Heaven that much brighter for the earthly loss. *
by pggnd88  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless, Jonny. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sorry to hear that. Prayers are with all of you. *
by LondonDomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest now, Jonny. Our loss is Heaven's gain. *
by irishnyer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Im so sorry *
by DBCooper  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless to you and your family.
by IrishCavan  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was a remarkable guy.

He was, and is, an inspiration. *
by JRT  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May Notre Dame Our Mother greet him at the gates *
by JC_90_94  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers said for Jonathan and family. *
by goldhelmethead  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm so sorry for your loss.
by chuck99  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was truly inspirational in his fight. Your family will be in our prayers tonight.

I'm sure he is with the Lord. He will never suffer again. *
by lloyd braun  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His incredible spirit is an enduring example
by ProfKid93  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sympathies to you and the rest of his family.

A wonderful example to all in life and death
by Khaddafi  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May Jon now rest peacefully and in eternal life with the Lord in His kingdom.

Prayers for Jon and the family* *
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there a facebook page for Jonny?
by weischoice05  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw the post down below and was wondering if there is a public page in tribute to Jonny's fight against cancer.
I ask because I've been following his blog for a long time and I would love to put a face with all of this and let the family know how much of an inspiration Jonny is to me.
He was too young.

I'm so sorry. May Jon rest in peace
by Man of Dillon  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and may God comfort you and your family during this time.

He was a true example of the ND spirit,
by FaytlND  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and everything it entails. Condolences to your family.

Rest in Peace. *
by irish628  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry for your loss. *
by bostonirish06  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eternal rest grant to him O Lord, and let perpetual light
by FtWorthIrish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

shine upon him in eternal life where there is no pain and suffering, only glory in the lord's presence.

Amen.
by GailStanwyck  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never known anyone who made such an impact on the world and everyone who met him.

And even those who never met him.
by dallas_subway  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was so nice to me and offered words of encouragement when my brother was diagnosed.

He was such an inspiration.

Thoughts are with all he has left behind. May they too find
by IAND75  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

strength, comfort and peace in the days ahead.

Very sorry to hear that. Prayers for Jon and family said. *
by anthro_domer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers to the family; sorry for your loss *
by korzo78  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May the Lord grant Eternal rest to Jon and watch over his
by NDDreamer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

family. Jon was an inspiration to us all; as is the entire family. We will continue to pray for you all during this difficult time.

rest in peace FHSU. *
by Final_Flanner  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And our hearts forever love you, Jonny May.
by ArasEra  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for the courage, strength and spirit you've shown to all of us.

Rest in peace, our good friend.

May he now see the face of the Lord
by maniactranspodriver  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

no longer to suffer his great pain. Blessings of comfort for you and all of Jonny's family and friends.

Prayers for you and your family *
by MDDomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God Bless Him *
by Allumeuse  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry to hear that
by MemphisSub  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My prayers are with you and your family.

Go with God, Jonathan *
by Miller81  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm so sorry to hear this
by IrishCrusader  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he was such an amazing person that, having never met him, I still want to weep. My sincerest condolences.

Rest in peace, FHSU.
by wcnitz  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Your brother was, is, and will always be someone I have the
by IrishApache  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

deepest admiration for.

My sympathies for you and your whole family.

Sorry to hear that, my thoughts and prayers are with you
by mintirish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and your family.

So sorry to hear that...
by weischoice05  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have been quietly keeping tabs on Johnny for a long time now. He was absolutely one of the most inspiring people I've ever followed. I loved his compassion for all things, his optimism in the face of negativity and his overall spirit.
He was far, far too young to leave this place. He's had more of an impact on people in 27 years than most do for a whole lifetime.

Rest In Peace FHSU.

he packed more living in those 27 years
by jddomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than many people who have the privilege of living to old age. Jonny has inspired me to not take anything for granted, and not to wait until "the right time" to take a chance and just get out and live. The right time is now.

Like many here, I only got to meet him a couple times at tailgates, but he has touched my life. May God bless Jonny, your whole family, and special blessings to Brandy, who exemplifies for better for worse, in sickness and in health.

Well said. *
by tenn_subway  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Respectfully seconded
by shawno3  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, there have been numerous times in the past year that I have seen posts on this board either from or about FHSU and have used those posts as inspiration to get off my duff and do whatever it was that needed doing. Nothing I did (or tried to do) compared in the slightest to what FHSU did, but I am positive that his example had a tremendous positive effect on the lives of many, many others. He will continue to be an inspiration to me for his fight, his selflessness, and his lack of self-pity in the worst of circumstances.

God Bless Jon and his family. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now but I hope with all my heart that the overwhelming pride that they must feel as a result of the shining example that Jon set helps to alleviate the grief of his loss.

I'm glad I was able to meet him and shake his hand. *
by NCIrish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

condolences
by buffaloirish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

please accept my condolences on your loss. his fight and determination were an inspiration.

God bless him and those who knew him. *
by captaineclectic  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crap. My deepest condolences. *
by Finn  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My condolences to his family. *
by cpprhead59  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that.
by fisherj08  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God Bless.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
by passrightblog  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know where you are now, FHSU, but you'll know about our love for you, and you'll be happy.

So sorry to hear that *
by scottie  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It did indeed. I am so sorry to hear that. *
by smcchick  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heading to the grotto this afternoon, rest in peace Jon *
by Stonebreaker42  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm very sorry to hear that.
by Bruno95  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your family will be in many prayers today and beyond.

Rest in peace, FHSU...
by Keenan04  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FHSU was a source of strength and inspiration to countless numbers of us. I remember reading an article about him a few years back, and made a point to save a quote of his. It's been in my wallet, and I go to it when times are tough.

"As bad as things seem there are always other people struggling with problems or issues worse than yours. If you can keep that attitude, you'll be better in the long run. There can be beauty in tough situations. It is not a perfect world by any means, but if there were no obstacles, we would never get to see anyone shine." - Jonny May

I'm sorry I never got to meet him, but God bless your brother. I know he's peaceful and away from all the pain. Know he (and your family) are in all our prayers.

with in 10 minutes you and I both came here.
by OITLinebacker  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To tell the NDN family. I think the board will forgive us for not posting for a few days.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord.

condolences to you and your family, OIT *
by FightOnForMorrissey  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, thanks for sharing the information.
by cujays96  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go be with your family.

and may Perpetual Light shine upon him. *
by bigjinx74  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a privilege to have known him
by Jvan  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon set the bar very high for the rest of us. God bless him.

Prayers being said tonight *
by NDTORONTO  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers for Jon, you, and the family
by Denver95  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I hope God grants you peace through this time. Please know that we are all praying for you and that his courage (and that of your family) through this battle has made an impact on a great many of us here. God bless you all.

I'm very sorry. Rest in peace, Jon. *
by tkoz  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest peacefully, FHSU
by SBDomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope the love and support of the good people on this board helped make your last days slightly less unbearable.

Thoughts and prayers with you all today. God bless. *
by little ticket  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry to hear that *
by Ty Webb  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My sympathies go out to you and your family--RIP FHSU *
by NDinJapan  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My sincere condolences *
by IrishRabbit  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Terrible news. I'm very sorry. *
by emd811  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May he finally rest peacefully. *
by NDMD  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm so very sorry to hear that. Truly heartbreaking.
by VTND  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Peace be with you and your family during this tragic time. Jon was and will continue to be an inspiration, even to those of us who never had the privilege of knowing him.

Our heartfelt sympathies.
by akaRonMexico  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is a truly sad day, the ND family just lost a brave and beloved member.

That's the sentiment I was looking for.
by NowHangUp  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon was a warrior.

Thinking of you and Jon's family! *
by ilirisheyes  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in peace, Jonathan *
by Doug Dascenzo  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My heartfelt condolences to your family.

You're all incredibly inspirational - you're all in my thoughts and prayers. Jon will undoubtedly be missed.

RIP - His fight and spirit were inspiring! *
by MAS  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Really sorry to hear it. God bless. *
by domer_mq  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry to hear it. *
by CMCIrish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Darker indeed...I am so sorry. *
by wetbird  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in Peace Warrior! FHSU! *
by MICKYNDS  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All the best to your family.
by jerseyirish07  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon was a fighter, and those of us who met him were lucky to have done so. Jonny and your family will be in my prayers.

Wow. Really sorry to hear that. God bless. *
by seano  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Peace, Jon. *
by doolinbanjos  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

F! *
by cujays96  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

H! *

S! *
by grnd  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

U! *
by FONToKNOW  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FHSU! *
by ilirisheyes  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the warrior

Although I never knew Jon, I feel that I did.

Today, the tears fall like warm drops of sad friends, dropping from the skies - to take our hearts away from us.

Our tears connect us to Jon. But he is not here. He has gone on, forward, always forward.

Jon was a warrior, our kind of man.

We bouyed him with our courage and he bouyed us with his faith. We would pray for him and he would smile.

We so wanted the pain to go away, the suffering, the fear. Sometimes it was all just too much to bear. But Jon knew something many of us did not. He knew that as sure as the sun will rise in the east, that God's love surrounded him, surrounded us and would wash away his pain and suffering when He took Jon into His arms.

Twenty-Seven years: that's hardly enough time for a man to make his mark on this planet. But, Jon made his mark on our hearts.

Death? Jon was not afraid of Death. Jon had become so familiar with Death that he could spot Death at Starbucks trying to buy a latte incognito with a baseball cap on. "Death, hey man? What you doing here? You don't think anyone will recognize you?"

"Aw man, Jon, can't you give me a break? I can't even get a cup of coffee and you tell everyone I'm here?" Jon would strike up a conversation and Death would walk away, grateful to have shared time with one of the greats, and would always say to Jon, "I don't wanna, Jon. But I've gotta. It will be soon. You are just too sick and the Big Man needs you upstairs." Jon would say, "Ok, man, but I'm gonna fight like my Fighting Irish. Pass Right. Don't expect to just walk into the endzone uncontested. You've got to go through me - and the Irish."

Jon had a lot of friends - a lot of friends he never met. There's this place called ND Nation. It's a Notre Dame message board and people there loved to hear about Jon and his nickname "FHSU". One guy would always post "warrior" after his initials. FHSU warrior. Jon was a warrior.

Every day that he fought this disease he strapped on the armor of a warrior and fought the good fight. He did not give up. His spirit did not quit. His friends stood behind him. His family stood behind him. His thousands of Notre Dame friends stood behind him.

And now, Jon is standing alongside other warriors, in a new place. A place where there is no pain. A place where love shines all around like a golden glow. A place where our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his Holy Mother have taken Jon in and set a place for him at the table of eternal happiness.

Surely, this side of life is glorious. It is where we are born; where we grow up with our families; where we go to school; skin our shin when we fall off our bike; where we fall in love for the first time - where our heart is broken for the first time; and where we learn the difference between tears of love, tears of pain, tears of rage, tears of loneliness.

But on this side of life, we also learn the value of life - that life is so very fragile, that it can be snuffed out in an instant. And this makes it more precious than anything. All the riches in the world cannot compare with the value of one human soul. Each soul is precious and unique and we are all diminished by the loss of each soul.

We, today, glorify the new resurrection of Jon's soul into paradise but we mourn his loss - his temporary loss - to us.

The word "paradise" is a Persian word for "garden". In ancient Iran, a dry and dusty place, wealthy people would build their homes, enclosing them off from the street with a central garden in the middle, a courtyard.

This walled off garden was called a "paradise" and was a place to refresh their bodies and their souls.

We often think of Heaven as a glorious garden, a place of green beauty and flowers. Maybe it is. I don't know.

But it is a place where Jon's soul will be complete and refreshed because he will be in the presence of God's love, a presence that will complete him and soothe his broken body and take all his pain away.

Today, the warrior marches home.

FHSU - warrior.

You sir ......
by gadomer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have a happy talent, a wonderful skill for writing. This was exceptional.

That was beautiful. God bless Jon, his family, and all of
by cj  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you. Peace in Christ.

Thank you mkovac for saying what we all are feeling * *
by addison clark  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

amen. *
by irish gypsy  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michael, that was fantastic. Thanks. *
by wildesilas  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent! *
by NDFlyer  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is a wonderful tribute to FHSU *
by kwillett2000  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll nominate this for the HOF. *
by MTIrish  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you. *
by RandalGraves  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A great tribute *
by ND1gal  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beautiful! Well done, my friend. *
by cmc  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't want to take away from FHSU
by jakam31  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But your grasp of the English language is unrivaled among many people that I have conversations with, both orally and through the written word on a message board.

Your post single-handedly brought me to tears in a room full of teenagers.

Thank You.

I'm very sorry. May he rest in peace. *
by John@Indy  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will keep your family in my thoughts.
by mrmagee  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to express it properly, but I'm really sorry for your loss. I had the opportunity to meet him at a couple tailgates, and follow his story here -- it was very inspirational for me as I went through some tough times of my own.

Heartbreaking. God speed, FHSU. *
by bk  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was an inspiration
by wildesilas  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will be praying for your family today.

I'll do the same. *
by Escalibore  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

indeed.
by Angel  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I tend to be a bit of an unsentimental b***h but I sincerely found his desire to carrying on living his life in the face of such odds to be a very large kick up the arse.

Our condolences to your family.

Same here
by MNG  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm the King of pessimism but my God what an inspration young man he was. I'm ure he's resting in peace, pulling some strings for ND up in Heaven.

Please relay our deepest condolences to his family *
by SB Jimbo  (2009-03-24 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post