I had written the post below in the hopes of providing an
by cj (2019-01-07 12:25:07)

update to all of you. It’s with great sadness that I write, Kimi passed away in the hospital in her sleep at 9:15 AM today with her Dad by her side. Her passing was merciful. Kimi’s mom, my wife and I then spent time with her… I am so sorry….

This is what I had written and was meaning to post yesterday/today...

There’s only so many times one’s body can endure what Boo has gone through. Poisons that can kill quickly and drop the strongest to their knees often times brought her to dance, to play, to laugh, to spread her love, her brilliance and kindness. Along with the poisons were radiation, experimental treatments, transplants, antibody therapy, acids and other things you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy. She threw up, she groaned, her mind was often clouded or dulled in a drug induced fog, she burned from the inside out... She always hid her pain as best she could. She never wanted people to worry. She knew by excruciating experience that it was always a matter of days before the treatment cycle would end and she would break through again. Ignoring agonizing pain was part of her life.

She beat this witch a handful of times over 9 years achieving “No Evidence Disease” NED which is a testament to her indomitable strength, will and love…

This past summer the Munchkin shared with her mom that a young boy that she likes had kissed her on the cheek at summer camp. I’ll be forever grateful that she experienced that pure gesture of love and affection. They’ve remained in contact and he has visited her. She was all smiles as she and her mom wrapped 2 pairs of sunglasses as Christmas presents for him.

On Christmas Day were able to take Kimi to one of her favorite restaurants. She has been wheelchair and hospital bound for the better part of 2-3 months now. She has been receiving heavy methadone and morphine daily. Steroids also help to calm the inflammation caused by tumor and treatment. She had been told on multiple occasions by hospital staff that she may never walk again. In spite of that dire prediction, Boo managed to take a couple of steps during a physical therapy session in the last month. The impossible is always possible with her. We were grateful that she could spend Christmas outside of the hospital walls. Over lunch after opening presents I asked, “Boo, what are you going to be when you grow up?” Without hesitation, “I’m going to be a singer, dancer and an actress.” “You sure are sweetie. You are the most beautiful girl in the world.” She does not budge and remains laser focused on her dreams. Everything about her is pure love.

The day after Christmas Boo was feeling very lethargic and hospitalized. The energy she exhausted to spend the day with family had taken its’ toll. She has gone months waiting for a rebound in her platelets so she could receive treatment. It’s with the heaviest and broken heart that I write; her body has not been able to recover and generate the platelet counts necessary for further treatment. She received platelet transfusion after transfusion to no avail. She’d initially gain and then the platelet count would deplete again. Without an appropriate platelet count she cannot receive chemotherapy and her cancer advances. Right now Kimi is resting comfortably and under heavy sedation. It’s just time now. It’s estimated that she has less than a month to live.

There’s no darkness.

There is light and that Light comes from the Heavens, a Merciful God, Jesus, Our blessed Mother, Angels, Saints… and soon to be a child who is the single best person I have ever known and so much more. Words will never do justice to this loving hero, flawless person…

Two months before she turned six she wrote:

I Love God (Kimi 5-22-2012)

The sky is blue
Clouds are White
God is here with you and
I love God
There is Love with God
You will love Him
God helped me fight cancer and
You helped me too.

As I see the Sun Rising (Kimi 5-22-2012)

As I see the sun rising
I feel the power of God
It takes me to a wonderland
And the sun is always up!

Kimi is and always has been the perfect embodiment of purity and Eternal Love.

God bless all of you.

Peace in Christ.
cj

She was an inspiration to all of us who work for cures
by TCIrish03  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know there can often time seem like there is a disconnect between the patient/family vs the physicians vs the scientists. Sometimes we on the research side get stuck in lab so long that we forget why we got into this in the first place.

Kimi's face spoke for all the children who go quietly, and remind us what we are fighting for. I pray God she finally has rest from the fight and you and the rest of the family find peace knowing it was not in vain.

This brought me to tears. Peaceful blessings to all. *
by The Flash  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm very sorry.
by potatohouse  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like others have said, I am grateful that you shared her and her courage with us over the years. Kimi updates were always inspiring. I hope that she is now finally getting to experience the comfort and peace that she was so undeservedly robbed of during her fight.

My deepest condolences to you and the rest of her family.

Kimi was an inspiration to so many. RIP *
by nyirish08  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm very sorry. Prayers to all *
by 206er  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The boxing
by Johnnydub  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Community has sent some heartfelt responses to me but this one summed it up by the owner of Future Legend; Frankie Kozlowsky who was instrumental in getting her the signed jacket from Malignaggi: "We are the ones who should be thankful as Kimi showed us all what it is to be a true Inspiration". CJ, chin up and thank you for allowing me to learn about her and do a few nice things to make her smile.

This is difficult to process. My condolences
by Shifty  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was hard as diamond. To endure what she did is a testament to the human spirit and will to live.

She was an inspiration, and will be missed.

God bless you all. I'm so sorry. *
by Snow Bowl  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Glad that Kimi and her friend Konrad Reuland are re-united..
by domer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and honestly, I'm clinging to that thought of Kimi and Konrad cruising heaven together -- smiling, laughing, and free from pain -- as I keep this amazing little girl and her equally amazing family in my prayers.

God bless Kimi, God bless her wonderful family, and God bless cj and all the kind and loving peope who did whatever they could to help Kimi during her short time here on earth. Kimi's story was a true inspiration and I am so grateful to cj for letting us be a (small) part of her life and journey.

I am very, very, very sorry to hear this.
by milhouse  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm having a tough time finding the right words, but thank you for sharing her story with us. Thank you, too, for the love that you showed her.

Sincere condolences CJ.
by coalcracker  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi continues to be an inspiration. May she Rest in Peace.

I have no words
by T_Allen  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least none that will do Kimi justice. She was an inspiration, and will continue to be. We've lost a shining star and I'm so sorry for your entire family CJ. God bless you all, especially Kimi.

My sincerest condolences
by Keenan04  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi was a hero and an inspiration. I prayed that one day we'd to celebrate her wedding, but thank God for the time that she had with us. While she will be missed, she will never be forgotten.

So sorry for your loss
by mintirish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read this message last night and I have been thinking of how to reply.

I have no idea what I can add other than being one more voice in the chorus sending our prayers and condolences. At my Grandmother's wake several years back my Dad pointed out to me to the number of people in attendance as a real testament to the number of lives my grandma had touched in a positive way. CJ - I hope you take and share all of these replies as a testament to the number of lives that Kimi has touched just via NDN besides the countless numbers she has inspired at hospitals across the country. Kimi's spirit touched us all - what a tremendous gift she had. Thank you again for sharing it with us throughout the years.

I prayed often that we would never see this post.
by Jennyb  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless Kimi and your family. She will always be part of the NDN family. Thank you for letting us know. Is there anything we can do for you?

Very sorry. May she Rest In Peace. *
by ferndog  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm so sorry to hear that:
by daviehamsufferer97  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope she finds peace and rest now.

So very sad to hear. Rest well Kimi. *
by ksqdomer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry to hear this.
by Tarascan  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May God Bless Kimi and family.

So sorry for your loss *
by ndmd89  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's an unforgettable hero.
by AraStopTheSnow  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And even beyond the inspiring example she set, the physical sacrifices she made will help enable a better life for countless others. Rest in peace, Kimi.

So sorry for your loss. She was an inspiration *
by dulac89  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gut punch. RIP NDN Warrior Princess. *
by Moose84  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Much love for this strong girl
by maniactranspodriver  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I generally take weekends off from browsing the Backroom. Looking at the time of the post, I was in church at the time. She inspired so many. I struggle with desire to go to mass given personal matters that slow me down. I'll now believe it was Kimi that got me there last night. Sadly, I will now have to say her name in the Prayer of the Faithful open response when congregation is invited for those who have passed on instead of those who are ill.

May her spirit and relentless fight help us all. Go rest in peace now Kimi. You accepted your pain and fought it harder than anyone and helped us all in the Backroom and elsewhere become better people.

The pain of losing one so young is just heartbreaking.
by OITLinebacker  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi could've easily been my daughter, sister, niece, i.e my family. In many ways I feel like she *is* my family. This day, while it comes for all of us, is never an easy day, the crossing over the veil. In times like this I am comforted by the reading that I did last week at the funeral for my Godmother who also fought multiple long fights against cancer.

If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, love is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.

For we know partially and we prophesy partially,
but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.

So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I believe that when we die, we will know immediately if or faith was justified (either God exists as I believe or He does not), and my hope to be united with my loved ones was justified (I am re-joined with them in Heaven or not), but those who loved me will remain. Love transcends the veil of death. Kimi has moved on, but the Love she inspired remains. I hope to one day see her, Jon, and so many others to share that Love again.

Eternal Rest Grant unto her O Lord, and let Perpetual Light shine upon her.

I'm sorry CJ, terrible news *
by irishlaw2010  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

deepest condolences to you and your family
by ndnyc1993  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi truly was an inspiration. Her courage was remarkable and the support she received from you and her family clearly empowered her with the will to fight as valiantly as she did. God bless you all.

So very sorry.
by Flann  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for posting over the years and sharing Kimi's story.

I’m very sad to hear this. Thank you for sharing her with us *
by jreednd  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So very sorry for your loss cj
by JC_90_94  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers for Kimi, you and your family.

With the power of God "the sun is always up!" What a wonderful phrase from that amazing kid. Inspiration for us all.

Peace.

Very sorry, cj. RIP Kimi. *
by JoeJackTalcum  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CJ, I'm very sorry to hear this.
by ndtnguy  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Condolences to your whole family. Kimi and your family will be in our prayers.

I am so sorry, cj.
by the hibernian  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi and your entire family will remain in our prayers. Thank you for sharing her beautiful life and death with all of us.

May the angels lead her into paradise;
May the martyrs receive her at her arrival
And lead her to the holy city Jerusalem.
May choirs of angels receive her and with Lazarus,
Once a poor man, may she have eternal rest.

My condolences.
by Profkid93  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May all your family find peace.

I'm very sorry to hear this.
by barber  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May Kimi rest in Peace and may you and your family find comfort in your time of grieving.

I'm sorry for your and your family's loss. *
by John@Indy  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you all
by Denver95  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am very sorry for your loss

So very sorry
by civil_engr05  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like others on here, I would get excited at every positive report you provided... and bummed at the bad ones. She was a tough cookie and fought so courageously. No kid should have to go through the things she went through. Prayers to her, her family, and everyone touched by her.

Thank you Kimi. I'm a better person because of you.
by irishnyer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your message of love will always be with me. You inspired me so many times during times of darkness. I am forever in your debt.

RIP, little one.

Rest in Peace Kimi. You were an inspiration. *
by mgarv  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You and your family will continue to be in our prayers.
by NH74Domer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We're deeply saddened by the news but grateful to you for letting us be part of Kimi's remarkable journey. Heaven shines a little bit brighter now.

I am so sorry to hear this.
by domer79dad09  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi was such an inspiration to so many even to those of us who never met her. I imagine her fight helped push the boundaries on this dreadful disease so future children may have a better chance. My condolences to all of Kimi's family and friends. I hope she is hanging with her great friend Konrad up in heaven.

So sorry, cj. *
by meatwhistle  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So very sorry cj
by dvpgm  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

prayers for your entire family.

Our world shines a little less bright today
by ndaero93  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry for Kimi and for your family, and you are in my prayers past, present, and future.

I'm not one for words, and the sentiments expressed throughout this thread echo what an amazing fighter Kimi was and an inspiration to all of us.

Over the years I've shared what we've learned of Kimi - from her fight, to the Girl Scouts, to making phone holders, to her relationship with Konrad. She attacked each day, each project, each fight with the vigor that few if anyone I've ever known.

I truly believed the and prayed that the culmination of this battle would be seeing pictures of Kimi on her wedding day or even more so as that famous actress/dancer/singer who we could all say "we knew when".

You and your family have been as amazing as she has through this fight. The battle may have ended for Kimi in this world, but as others have stated, Heaven shines brighter with her presence.

God Bless.

So sad to read this. God Bless Kimi and family. *
by SMC1984  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always feared reading this post but her strength should
by ndgenius  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

inspire the entire world to accomplish things they never thought were possible. May Kimi finally feel the peace in heaven that she so fought for on earth and may everyone who supported her feel the sorrow of a loss but the strength of the warrior princess.

Thank you for all of your updates over the years CJ, they were always positive, uplifting and allowed all of us to pray for Kimi as she fought against this disease.

GOD BLESS!

Kimi remains an inspiration; thank you cj
by ThreeD  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Through your posts, I loved and was inspired by Kimi from afar. My prayers go to her, you, her family and all those she touched. We're all better for having known her. God bless you all.

Thank you for the lessons she gave us. *
by Odschool  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry. God bless your family.
by stedsman  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully you can find peace during this difficult time. It's hard to comprehend.

I am sorry for your loss, God bless Kimi. *
by Endthecursein05  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my sincere condolences to you and your family
by mike-nd  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had not posted many responses over the years but followed her story closely. She will have many prayers from many people.

God bless you Kimi *
by cdb9396  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm very sorry for your loss
by xChicagoIrish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for letting us all be a small part of her journey and for letting us get to know her through your posts.

She was incredibly inspiring
by wcnitz  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And will continue to be so. May she rest in peace.

The kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these
by breadman  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is heartbreaking- so sorry to hear this. I remember when you first posted about Kimi, I remarked to my wife how much she resembled our oldest daughter. Neuroblastoma is a terrible disease, and she gave it hell. Kimi was an inspiration to us even though we never met her. You and the rest of her family are in our prayers. Heaven has gained a new angel- the rest of us here are saddened, but better off for having known about her.

I’ve worried this post was coming for years
by Charlottend  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She’s been an inspiration to so many people through your stories posted here. Thank you for sharing her stories.

Condolences
by Indyirish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Such a fighter and an inspiration!

Oh gosh. So very sorry *
by ddc  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry to read this. Kimi faced this horrible disease
by Namurtha  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With courage and strength we’ll beyond her years.
She was an inspiration to me and many others.
May God comfort Kimi’s family, your family, and you as he now comforts her.

Rest In Peace, Kimi.
by ballb4all  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is such a remarkable child. It has been humbling to know the story of her courage.

Peace and prayers.

So, so sorry. I’ve got no words, just prayers. *
by sleestakND  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest In Peace blessed child *
by LAW83  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her courage has left us all with a deeper understanding of
by NDFanSince81  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

life, love, and Christ's love. She goes before us with grace. Prayers for you and your family.

Kimi's smile is now giving Heaven an even brighter radiance
by ndrooter  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CJ, It breaks my heart to know you, your family and all of us have lost your true Angel on Earth . Our hearts are breaking for all of you . Our tears are real because you helped us know Kimi and to know Kimi is to love her. Our only saving grace is knowing she is now truly happy, truly at peace in the loving arms of Jesus and His loving Mother. Mike and I are so sorry , and wish you and your family Peace in Christ.

I’m so very sorry
by reilly  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have been amazed for years by Kimi’s endless strength in the face of such adversity. Your stories of her described such horrible suffering as she fought the cancer and endured seemingly endless treatments, while never losing her humor, hope, and love for life. It seems so very unfair that she did not get more earthly time, but her suffering is at an end now. I can only imagine the grief you, your wife, and Kimi’s parents must be experiencing. I hope you all can find some comfort in your faith and in the knowledge that I and your NDNation family are praying for you.

no words, just love *
by Hawser  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sorry. God Bless *
by NDEE01  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So very sorry to hear this
by Otter  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi was such an inspiration. God rest her immortal soul.

So sorry to read this, CJ!
by ilirisheyes  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi was an inspiration to this board. Prayers continue for her parents and you. Thank you for sharing Kimi with us.

I am so sorry for you and your wife for this loss.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I cannot imagine what you have gone through, much less Kimi. Your Kimi was such a battler.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. And may the sun always be up for her.

Very sorry for your family's loss - RIP Kimi *
by Pat85  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in Peace, warrior princess.
by Jess  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for sharing Kimi's story with us here for so long, cj. I'll light a candle at the Grotto for your family(s) Saturday when I visit campus.

So very sorry.
by lilbart  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is just so unfair. Thank you for sharing her battle with all of us. You are a tremendous uncle to this little girl.

My Condolences..I'll light a Candle at Grotto for Her/Family *
by Norm  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sad and so sorry to learn of this.
by 528 Flanner  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it's much sadder for us that have learned about Kimi through you than it is for her. She is at peace now and in no pain. We should all go on as Kimi might wish we would in her absence. Sympathies for the whole family.

she inspired so many
by Final_Flanner  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Peace to you and especially her parents in this difficult time. God bless Kimi and the positive impact she had on so many people who were fortunate enough to get to know her. Thank you for sharing her story with us.

My thoughts and prayers to your family and for Kimi.
by Ndkuz  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is an inspiration and her strength is something that will remain with me. Even though I never met her, your stories always provided a great look into how one can fight and show positivity.

Mary Alma Pray for Us;Love Thee Notre Dane; Kimi’s in Heaven
by Jammer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with Jammer Sr who passed away on January 2nd. Jammer Sr has been a “Subway-Alum” since the Mid-1940’s. Jammer Sr can tell Kimi about the “Era of Ara” the 1973 Sugar Bowl Victory over Bear Bryant & Alabama; the 1977 “Green Jersey Game” & the “Catholics vs Convicts” Victory on Oct 15, 1988, which Jammer Sr & I attended together!

May Kimi be up among the “Angels in Heaven” who are looking down Upon Us!

Deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences to you and your
by cmhirish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

family. Thank you for sharing your experiences and your courage.

God bless you.

What a beautiful soul. Thank you so much for sharing.
by Papa November  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May you and the rest of her family remain wrapped in the peace of Christ even as you grieve. God bless.

Tragic news
by TheMeanFarmer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Warriors come in different shapes and sizes.
She is free of a body that can't keep up with her spirit.
I can't imagine the power she will have in the next life because of her struggles here.

All the best to your family. I hope for peace and rest for them as well

This is devastating news to everyone who was touched by Kimi
by smcteacher  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We all prayed for a miracle but maybe Kimi was the miracle. She touched so many people who hadn’t ever met her. Kimi’s courage made those who prayed for her better people. We counted our blessings and complained less because of Kimi. Kimi’s spirit will always be a part of NDN.
My heart is broken tonight. I am just glad Kimi’s suffering is over.I can’t imagine how you hurt today CJ. I will be praying for you and Kimi’s parents. God bless you all. May God grant you peace in knowing Kimi is singing and dancing in Heaven.

I'm heartbroken. God bless Kimi. *
by ndzippy  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

RIP Kimi. CJ thank you for sharing with us her courageous
by Raoul  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Struggle.

You have been a wonderful uncle to her
by son of galway  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I think of the difference an uncle can make in a child's life, I will think of you.

I wish you and your family peace.

I'm glad I got to know Kimi
by volley  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She touched the world in a special way. What a remarkable girl. And what an amazing dad.

Thank you cj for bringing this inspiration to all of us
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For all these years

I'm so sorry CJ
by Otis  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Earth's loss is Heaven's gain.

Deepest condolences. What an inspirational, amazing life.
by NWEndzone  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May God welcome her beautiful soul with open arms.

Prayers and love to all of her family and friends.

CJ, I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing her journey with us *
by NDFlyer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you all. Thank you for sharing her journey.
by SavageDragon  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We could all learn to live that hard, fight that strongly, love that much.

I am so sorry..... your family is in my prayers *
by Ty Webb  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll continue to keep Kimi and her family in my prayers. *
by ndphils  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry
by buffaloirish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your posts over the years have been a testament to your love for this child. May she Rest In Peace. My deepest condolences to you and her family.

I’m so sorry. Prayers and condolences. *
by MobileIrish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God Bless our Little Angel
by luvnd  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It hurts knowing what she went through. She so deserves her peace now. She, you and her family showed everyone how to face adversity... with love, strength, perseverance and grace. Watching her embrace and deal with her serious condition was life affirming in itself. She gave it her all and through her trials there may come lessons and breakthroughs for others faced with this terrible disease and in so happening Kimi lives on. She was an incredible little girl and has more than earned a new life free from pain. So very thankful for the gift of Kimi.

I am so sorry. *
by whiskeyirish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry to hear. Kimi was and will always be an inspiration *
by Corrleone  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there anything we can do for your family? *
by 1978Irish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“One lives in the hope of becoming a memory.”
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi is a wonderful, beautiful, and inspiring memory to thousands and thousands of people because you shared her with us. Thank you, cj. And thank you for the love and care and strength you showed that dear little girl through her battle. You have my deepest sympathy, as well as my sincerest admiration.

Please take good care of yourself in the days and months ahead.

I am so very sorry *
by AlanND90  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sorry cj. God bless your family and may she RIP. *
by irishintheville  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chris, I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing Kimi with us.
by ndwineaux (click here to email the poster)  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just knew it. I daily check the board. I was dreading this day.

We have a new Guardian Angel today - after God gives her some much needed rest.

I will have the Holy Cross Priests offer a Mass for her.

She was such an inspiration. No one ever fought harder - and at such a tender age.

Please let us know if you need anything.

Now it's our turn, Chris -
Peace in Christ.

With our love and prayers,
the "wineaux family"

Saint Kimi has made us all better people.
by Johncardinalohara  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Screw the protocol. ND Nation is fast tracking her to Heaven and sainthood. God Bless your family cj.

Amen. *
by ndwineaux  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded! *
by Papa November  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in Peace sweet Angel * *
by JClarke  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm very sorry to hear that. May she rest in peace.
by Dutch  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My deepest condolences to you and all of Kimi's family.

Devestating. She was an inspiration. Thanks for sharing her. *
by Doug Dascenzo  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest In Peace, sweet angel.
by Irisharab  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

[I read Chris' message a few hours earlier, and for the first time in years, I broke down in tears. I wanted to wait a few hours to reply, hoping that the right words would come to me. I'm still at a loss for words, but I will try my best.]

For the past 8+ years, that young girl has been such an inspiration to so many of us, including me. Even if I live to be 100 years old, I doubt that I will ever know of anyone with the courage and strength that Kimi had during her childhood. I never had the chance to meet Kimi in person, but I know I will never forget her.

May God bless that sweet and beautiful angel.

Chris, my heart goes out to you, your wife, Kimi's parents, and to her entire family. Thank you for sharing Kimi's story with us.

CJ-Prayers to you, your family, friends,and especially Kimi
by Raristotle  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though we are strangers, I have prayed daily for Kimi since you first posted about her. Not to lessen my other prayers for the health of friends and family, but Kimi's name was one of only two names I daily called out loud, along with my older brother John (ND '90), who died this past summer. Kimi gave me personal strength through her quiet fortitude. She is and will forever be one of my heroes.

I often wonder whether certain friends and family who died made it to Heaven--whether they achieved God's goal for them for all eternity. I don't wonder that Kimi had to wait even a millisecond to achieve the beatific vision; her virtue was perfected here on Earth. Thank you for sharing her saintly story her on NDNation. May God bless you.

Your posts were the first I looked for every day.
by foxrocks (click here to email the poster)  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never posted myself, but I prayed every day.

Kimi’s death makes me wonder why I am here today, alive and well, and she is not. If my life has purpose, it is to acknowledge and acclaim the goodness of her life, as short as it may have been, and to use it as a model for my own. God Bless you, cj, and all of Kimi’s extended family around the world.

Eternal rest grant unto her
by HTownND  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She fought the fight and inspired many. A life well lived under the most difficult of circumstances. May you and the family find peace and comfort in due time.

Thank you for sharing her inspirational and amazing story and journey with us.

My condolences. My family’s prayers. *
by docsfan  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My condolences, cj.
by RedIrish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for sharing her life with us. She was and is a source of inspiration. Please do take care of yourself in the coming weeks and months.

So saddened to hear this. My deepest condolences
by wiNDycityfan  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My heart goes out to you and all the family.

She was so tough. God bless her. Rest In Peace beautiful
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Child.

She was tough...Quentin Nelson tough *
by irishrock  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jack Lynch, Pete Duranko, Alan Page tough. *
by mkovac  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m so sorry
by DBCooper  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was an inspiration to all. As are you and your incessant love and dedication for her.

My condolences.
by Cash  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An awful lot of adults here stood humbled by this young woman’s courage and resolve.

I wish all of you, especially Kimi, peace.

Cash

Your first sentence captures it exactly. *
by FL_Irish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m so sorry. You and your family are in our prayers. *
by Barrister  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry
by NDoggie78  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She has been such a big part of this board.
We will miss her very much.
But no more suffering

I am so sorry. May her strength and love
by 88_92WSND  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

carry you and your family now when you need it.

I'm so sorry cj
by pmcdnd96  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish I could come up with something more meaningful than that, but words fail me. I am so very sorry.

I have no words, all i can say is she was an inspiration
by ndchaos  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I am glad she doesn't hurt anymore.

God bless. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry... what a loss. You and family are in our prayers *
by Stonebreaker9  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry to hear. RIP Kimi. * *
by tm8838  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is still our princess warrior.
by bphweather  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven’t commented during her battle. But she is an inspiration to all of us. Her ability to fight until the bitter end is amazing! I wish you and your family comfort in this difficult time knowing how many lives she has touched. She was and always be our Princess Warrior. RIP Kimi!

Thank you for sharing her journey with us
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And for the countless prayers you offered up to total strangers.

One prayer in your litany was for my cousin, and I’m proud to say those prayers have worked wonders on that kid.

She touched so many lives in her very short one. RIP *
by bactien  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m very sorry. Thank you for sharing her story. *
by shotgun  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m terribly sorry to hear this. May God comfort you all. *
by fwNDfan  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is very sorry news.
by dbldomer7375  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am almost at a loss for words, thankfully other folks in the backroom are far more eloquent.

Devastatingly sad news!. God bless Miss Kimi, our angel,
by so-it-goes  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

her family and thank you cj for aharing her all these years.
She will be in our hearts forever!

Rest, Warrior. Thank you for sharing her with us.
by grnd  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We are all better for it. May God bless you all and hold you in the palm of His hand.

I don’t have words for this one. God Bless Kimi....
by Marine Domer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and her family. Peace and joy in the company of God, little one.

I prayed this day would never come- so sorry for your loss *
by enduff  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is saddening.
by NDBass  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her strength, and that of you and your family, was truly remarkable.

I'm So Sorry
by LostInPA  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reading about Kimi's strength over these many years has been an inspiration. You are in my family's prayers.

RIP Kimi *
by NavyJoe  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh no
by Molly Maguires  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m so sorry.

I hope you find strength and peace during this time.

I'm so sorry for your family, cj.
by BottleofRed  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's no doubt that Kimi is at peace in the Holy Mother's embrace. She was a gift.

May she rest in God’s merciful hands *
by NGIrish09  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is a blow
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi and your whole family will be in our prayers.

Yes it was *
by irishrock  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m so sorry, Chris. Devastating. God bless her memory
by sprack  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was an inspiration to all of us.

It makes my heart heavy to read this
by acrossdmiddle  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May Kimi continue to rain light down on the world from heaven.

Kimi pic on Christmas Day... She was out of the hospital
by cj  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Christmas Eve and returned the day after Christmas. God knows how she willed herself to this... She gave everything she had that most Holy day...

thumbnail_IMG_5456 async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">>

Beautiful, as always. *
by VTND  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always *

Thank you, cj *
by ndwifemom  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prayers are with Kimi
by ND1986  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you and her family and friends. I am inspired by her ability to smile and joke throughout, her “looks delicious” line continues to bring joy.

I am so terribly sorry to read this. My heart goes out ...
by Barney68  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to you and all your family.

Awful news. So sorry for your loss. *
by Go_Crazy_Folks  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

RIP, Kimi. May God bless you and all who loved you. *
by Irish72  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in peace. *
by BigBadBrewer  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry, and sad to hear. Now she rests in God's embrace.
by Hati Hijau  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have suddenly been struck by particles of dust floating in the air. Damn, I just put in a new fine particle furnace filter, but it doesn't seem to be working tonight.

God bless Kimi, and your family, in this time of sorrow. Rejoice in the joy and happiness that she brought to your lives.

I feared this day would come.
by JTAD31  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sad. Sorry for your lost, to everyone involved.

So so sorry CJ...such an inspiration to all..prayers *
by Caber  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless her...no doubt painting Konrad’s nails right now

The world is a darker place today with her passing

I remember sending you the best damn bar-b-que KC produces because at one point she needed spicy foods. I remember asking you to include my mother-in-law “Gigi” on your prayer train. I remember sending you money to buy her toys around my birthday because I wanted her to take my birthday that year.

And I don’t even know you!

But that is what is cool about this board. Prayers for Kimi and to your family. CJ, you’re a great uncle...Kimi was fortunate to be surrounded by such a wonderful family

God bless Kimi and Konrad
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even as my eyes teared reading cj’s post, I imagined their reunion in my mind’s eye and smiled a little. Pray for us here on earth, Kimi and Konrad. You touched so many lives during your all too brief journeys here.

Oh no.
by John88  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A day we all prayed would never come finally has.

My prayers for you and Kimi’s family, CJ.

Oh CJ. I am so sorry.
by goirish89  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Such a beautiful soul. We all loved your updates and hoped against hope for Kimi. My prayers are with you and your family. May God bless her and may she find eternal peace.

I sincerely want to thank you, cj.
by VTND  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This must have been a very difficult message to write. I have thought about that little girl often over the years, and I always looked forward to updates on her treatment and progress. She always looked happy and strong in the pictures you shared. It's a little hard to believe now that she is gone. Somehow, I wanted to believe she would get better.
Thank you for sharing her with us. You did not have to do that - this was a very personal battle that you could have kept in your family. I want you to know that we all cared about her deeply and wanted the best for her. And I thank you for taking the time to share any news you had.
I'm very, very sorry for your loss, and hers. She seemed like a great kid who was taken too soon, and we are all a little lesser for the loss.

Thank you ...
by CJC  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course my heart breaks for you and your family. Like so many others here, I have prayed for a miracle, for healing, for comfort, for strength.

But God made us to be in relationship -- with him, and with one another.

And I've never seen anybody embrace that as much as you and Kimi.

Because of her -- and your -- trials, trials that I could never imagine myself enduring, nothing else mattered. I don't mean to minimize your pain and heartache and fear in the slightest, but all those things rendered everything else meaningless.

I hate to put it this way, and I hope that you will receive it with the love and empathy intended, but God gave you an "opportunity" to ignore all of those things that the rest of us foolishly believe are important and focus on the only thing that mattered -- relationship.

And you embraced that opportunity in the most remarkable, the most unselfish, the most loving ways imaginable.

So I thank you for that -- for showing us in such a extraordinary way how God intended us to live in relationship with one another.

God bless you and your family.

I was never strong enough to read your posts about Kimi
by four pillars  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d click in every one but I couldn’t get through more than a few lines. She was so beautiful and so much stronger than most everybody I know. I will pray for her and for you and your family, but given her strength and my weakness I’d wager I’d be better off praying for her intercession for my family.

May God bless you and your family.

P.S. eff cancer.

You're a good man, cj.
by SWPaDem  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Kimi is a fantastic young lady who is going to be with us forever.

RIP Kimi, she has gone home to the Lord *
by njnd96  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Praying for Kimi and family *
by cal  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am in tears
by knutesteen  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both of my daughters, 26 and 23, know Kimi from your updates and we have all been amazed at the strength this little girl showed us as she fought cancer, battle after battle, only for her body to lose the war while her spirit prevails forever. I just hugged my oldest, and my youngest wishes that Kimi is in a better place now. I am heartbroken and I can only wish you and her family the ability to focus on the joy she has brought all of us in the short, difficult time she has been on this Earth. God bless you all.

Oh God, you just broke my heart
by Atticus  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How can it be that a person I never met can be known to me as Kimi was, on this board, in my prayers, in my thoughts as her pictures were posted, as Linda and I relayed news of her progress to each other? But then again, we are unknown to ourselves, let alone to our loved ones, let alone to our friends, however they may enter our lives, person-to-person or however else a soul may communicate with a soul, in letter, or on the internet, however the very many ways there are that may catch our hearts off guard and open them to another. And then break them.

May she rest in a peace more well-deserved than so many others. I look forward to the day of meeting her and perhaps she will say, “Oh I know you; you were that boring old poster from NDNation,” and I will say “that’s right, that’s me!” and we will both laugh. At home, free from this vale of tears.

From the Holy Sonnets:
Death, be not proud
John Donne

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

May perpetual Light shine upon Kimi. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very sorry.. Prayers for her, you, and family. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We are saddened and or prayers are with Kimi and your family
by mjv8198  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The challenges Kimi faced with courage are a testament to her strength. I will never forget this angel

Sincere condolences to you and your family;...
by Kbyrnes  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...may her example encourage others; and may the treatments she received and their results lead to continually improved therapies for others. She set a great example for life.

Thank You for sharing her with ND Nation
by Tiger Stadium  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always looked forward to your posts about Kimi's progress and unrelenting spirit. Her courage inspired us all and although she's with the Lord now, I hope you and your family can find peace in the many lives she touched...and will continue to do so.

I second this. RIP Kimi *
by TouchdownJebus  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very well said - couldn't agree more *
by TommyZ  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The news we were dreading
by ndwifemom  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her battle is over. She can now sing and dance for eternity. One of the most remarkable people any of us will ever meet. We can only hope to emulate her in times of adversity.

Chris, can you post a picture of her one last time.

May God and his Mother embrace her and hold her in their arms forever.

I have never responded to, but always read your posts
by bmoreirish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The impact of her life is farther reaching than most of us could dream for our own. She faced darkness with light, and drove out sadness with love. Thank you for sharing with us, and God bless your family.

She was an inspiration and roll model to us all. So sorry.
by socal_doubledomer74  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her optimism and strength makes me feel shame for ever complaining when life threw me a little curve.

She died on Epiphany Sunday. I will think about that for a
by 1NDGal  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

long while.

Now you can sing and dance forever, sweet girl. Please smile on us from time to time.

No more pain, Princess Warrior. Only love and peace.

so sorry to hear this sad news. she was a blessing *
by TommyZ  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She came from love. She goes to Love.
by mkovac  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you, Chris, for letting us know.

Our hearts break with yours today.

For so long, she fought so very bravely.

You were put here to be her strength, to guide her along this earthly path that was strewn with broken glass, barbed wire, and poisonous dragons. Together, you and Kimi set your claymores, clapped their clickers and moved forward.

Sometimes, there were open fields of soft grass and sunshine and she danced like an angel in joy. She did this because she was an angel. Now, she is an angel. She is your angel. She is our angel.

She will always be our Warrior Princess.

Our Warrior Princess is home.

She is home.

She dances on soft grass in sunshine.

She says, “Don’t cry, Uncle Chris. I will always love you.”

Prayer has gone up for you and all of her family. *
by SB Jimbo  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m so sorry to hear this. Prayers for your family *
by Santos L Halper  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry to hear this Chris. Thank you for having shared
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this wonderful angel with all of us. Randi, Casey and I send hugs to all.

I was prepared for this, but it still is tough to handle
by Jvan  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God Bless that sweet girl.

I am very sorry.
by Bruno95  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have focused on her strength, with great reason. But you have demonstrated much of your own in supporting her, her mother, and the rest of the family. You have our deepest sympathies.

Damn. God bless Kimi and everyone who loved her. *
by sluredandstumbly  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May she rest in peace - She deserves it more than anyone
by irishnc92  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for letting us know and for sharing her life with us.

I'll forever associate Girl Scout cookies with her.

Rest In Peace. *
by Manor76  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry for your loss *
by ndfaninkc  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CJ, I'm so sorry. Requiescat in pace. *
by OGerry  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry to hear this. God bless Kimi. *
by 1978Irish  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry to hear this. RIP, Kimi *
by steez_nutz  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rest in peace, beautiful angel
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so sorry, cj. My heart is breaking for you.

Kimi’s toughness throughout her long battle was incredible. Please know that all of us are thinking of you and your family and sharing in your grief. While Kimi has gone home to God, free of pain at last, her story will continue to inspire for many years to come.

Thank you for sharing her story here and allowing us to get to know Kimi through your posts. May the prayers and good wishes of everyone here give you comfort and peace.

Heaven gains an angel, the sky gains a star. RIP Kimi *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Feel no guilt in laughter
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. When we lost our daughter a few years ago, the words below helped me.

Feel no guilt in laughter, she’d know how much you care.
Feel no sorrow in a smile that she is not here to share.
You cannot grieve forever; she would not want you to.
She’d hope that you could carry on the way you always do.
So talk about the good times and the way you showed you cared,
The days you spent together, all the happiness you shared.
Let memories surround you, a word someone may say
Will suddenly recapture a time, an hour, a day,
That brings her back as clearly as though she were still here,
And fills you with the feeling that she is always near.
For if you keep those moments, you will never be apart
And she will live forever locked safely within your heart.

Condolences to you as well.
by AraStopTheSnow  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've had members of my family go through a parent's greatest heartbreak. As a parent who hasn't, I won't pretend to fully comprehend its dimensions; I think only those who experience it can understand. But I offer you, CJ and all those in that situation all my sincerest sympathy.

Beautiful. I never knew.

God bless you and the spirit of your daughter, my friend.

Terrible news. So sorry to hear this. Rest In Peace, Kimi *
by GoldenBlues  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

R.I.P. Little One *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sorry to hear this. *
by TWO  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“And a little child shall lead them.”
by irish gypsy  (2019-01-07 12:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimi’s spirit was love made manifest. No matter what she confronted —spinal taps, bone marrow transplants, chemo, radiation, surgery, any number of experimental treatments that might someday help other neuroblastoma patients…a crazy uncle who lived to see her laugh…a curious gorilla on the other size of a plexiglass wall at the zoo who didn’t appreciate her mocking him— she responded with pure love, humor, and energy.

Those characteristics, as lovingly related by cj from the time she was a toddler, resonated so strongly in the BR that she brought all of us together time and time again. Very few of us actually got the chance to meet her in person, but I think we all felt lucky to know and love her from afar. Love for Kimi has united us all in ways that not even exulting or despairing over Irish football ever could. She transcends even the crazy “inside” jokes and legends that have forged this peculiar internet camaraderie among imaginary friends.

We are all crying today, our hearts shattered by the knowledge that our Warrior Princess is no longer singing and dancing in this world. But we all know that her spirit, released from the shackles of her earthly suffering, is singing and dancing more exuberantly than ever before.

May she glory in perpetual light. May the angels comfort us all.