I cannot promote a legitimate alternative solution
by jt (2020-07-10 15:02:48)

In reply to: Feel free to suggest an alternative solution  posted by gregmorrissey

because the system as we know and understand it now will likely come collapsing down if there is no football nor college basketball in 2020-2021.

Schools will not be able to afford having the sport; basketball will likely make it, but other non-revenue sports would be cut. Discussing 6 to play 4 will likely end up being a non-starter, as I would imagine that most seniors will either leave on their own or not be offered an opportunity to come back.

If I had to come up with a solution if they cannot play and yet schools were still able to offer the sport, I would not recommend keeping seniors around as it would clog up the system for years. The best case scenario would likely be agents and/or the NFLPA offering some type of camp structure for guys whose eligibility expired as a way to get them additional scouting, reps against other guys, etc. They can form teams and have one on one practice reps, demonstrate ability in a classroom setting to break down schemes, etc.

That's just in about 10 minutes of thinking about it. I'm not sure that there are any good solutions, but keeping more kids around or just getting rid of kids aren't great ideas.

Replies: