you don't understand so many things
by jt (2020-07-11 15:25:20)

In reply to: Honestly, i don't know why I'm still responding  posted by gregmorrissey

you don't understand the financial impact, you don't understand the impact on recruiting, you don't understand the impact on the remaining athletic programs, you just don't seem to understand much of anything.

Most schools will just let their seniors go on to other pastures if there is no season this year, especially the guys who've already graduated and/or are in their 5th year. They aren't going to cut younger guys with 4 years to go in favor of keeping a middle of the road guy for 1 (stipulated that the better players will just take their chances on the NFL draft).

If guys want to transfer somewhere else to play their last year without losing eligibility, that's already available via a transfer down to D2 or D3. They don't have to 5/4 rule. I would imagine that the NCAA likely would give guys an extra year, but that doesn't mean that the schools will want them back.

Now, the overall problem really boils down to--what programs will still be around if there is no season this year? How would that affect D2 and D3 schools (would some just go out of business?)? What sort of options would actually be available?

Replies: