Today is ND fb pro day.
by 84david (2021-03-31 13:59:37)

Where is the NDN tailgater?

Tough crowd today ....
by Sonofadomer  (2021-03-31 22:57:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The way I read it is he is a starting right tackle from day 1 in the NFL much like McGlinchey at SF. Would you rather Kelly promote him as the best right tackle in the draft or the 4th or 5th best LT.

I’d like him to shut his loser mouth for once. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-04-02 22:51:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It isn’t hard. We all learned it in kindergarten.
by TAR  (2021-04-01 09:29:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you can’t say anything nice...

Its not hard to answer any of those questions
by pmcdnd96  (2021-04-01 08:15:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

unless one is trying to prove how much they know.

Q; "Coach, do you think Liam can start right away at LT?" (Or whatever the question was)
A: "Liam is one of the best linemen I've ever coached, and one of the best human beings as well. I'll leave the projections to NFL coaches and the media. All I know is that Liam is an incredibly hard worker and nothing he achieves at the next level will surprise me."

I'd like Kelly to make no negative comments
by SorinBasement  (2021-04-01 08:13:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about any of these guys whatsoever. The thought that he has a meaningful opinion about the best position for someone to play in the NFL is laughable. The team that drafts the player will figure that out without any help from Kelly.

Kelly threw Eichenberg under the bus
by Hanratty5ND  (2021-03-31 15:11:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least in terms of being a LT in the NFL.

Gee thanks coach...nice payback for not giving up a sack since 2018.

Is Brian Kelly the only coach out there undermining his guys draft prospects --or are there others I don't know about?:

Begging to be part of a club that’ll never invite him.
by tdiddy07  (2021-03-31 21:55:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a fucking prick.

Does he think throwing his own players under the bus...
by 105Marquette  (2021-04-01 00:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...makes him more attractive to NFL owners?

His short yardage play calling makes more sense than this statement. Utterly mind boggling.

No, I don't think he thinks that
by jt  (2021-04-01 15:31:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think that he's trying to gain credibility with the NFL coaches, not the owners. Having spent some time around these coaches the past few years, it seems to me that they are extremely concerned about what their "peers" think about them and they don't want to lose any sort of credibility by vouching for a guy who doesn't work out (for whatever reason).

My guess is it's "Look, I can evaluate NFL talent, too!"
by tdiddy07  (2021-04-01 09:18:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"See! SEE! Pick me!"

This is exactly what he is doing. *
by Irpa  (2021-04-01 14:10:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Geez - who recruited that kid....? *
by 88_92WSND  (2021-03-31 19:00:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s just a colossal, self-impressed asshole. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-03-31 18:19:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Loyalty is a one way street with him
by ACross  (2021-03-31 17:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And for whatever reason, credibility with the professional coaching community, which has long evaded him, seems to be really important to him, at the expense of the players and ND graduates who have given all they have to the University and the program.

All it would take is one remonstration from Swarbrick to end this.

I can assure you it is not forthcoming. Because what is important to Swarbrick is his own legacy, and what serves that end is Kelly.

I'd bet you a ton of money that Kelly
by irishrock  (2021-04-01 08:51:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would tell you with a straight face that the only reason he isn't in the NFL is because he never wanted to take the leap. In his head, he believes he would be an NFL coach if he wanted a job.

Now, he's completely wrong...people look at the crappy offense and see very quickly that he'd get schooled in the NFL from day one.

It’s probably good he has no credibility in the NFL *
by 84david  (2021-04-01 07:48:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly's legacy: getting blown out in the playoffs. *
by mkovac  (2021-03-31 19:00:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BK needs to learn to word things better. *
by chsfb75  (2021-03-31 16:37:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every time he opens his mouth something idiotic comes out *
by Cliff Claven  (2021-04-01 11:36:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How would you propose he word what he said? *
by GolfJunkie17  (2021-03-31 20:56:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should just STFU... *
by Wolfetone  (2021-03-31 18:51:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he's wording things exactly the way he wants *
by El Kabong  (2021-03-31 17:56:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would have been easy to say that he could be a 10
by 1978Irish  (2021-04-04 12:07:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Year starter at right tackle and leave it at that.

Why do you think he did this? *
by Irpa  (2021-04-01 14:14:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He needs to avoid the use of words altogether *
by ACross  (2021-03-31 17:29:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's that kind of insight that would make him a
by pmcdnd96  (2021-03-31 16:32:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

home run hire for any NFL team

WTF? God, that is unbelievable *
by Son of Galway  (2021-03-31 16:22:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's a jackass.
by SWPaDem  (2021-03-31 15:43:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always was and always will be. Unfortunately, he's our jackass.

Kelly's arms must be tired *
by SEE  (2021-03-31 15:15:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liam's arms are tired too.
by Hanratty5ND  (2021-03-31 15:23:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did 33 reps on the Bench Press today. Excellent. Especially for an OT with long arms.
Hainsey did well too with 32.
Banks did 24.

I think Banks could have really improved his draft position if he came back to ND for another year and played LT. Especially if he goes in the 4th round as some project.

Short arms help in the bench press.
by rkellyatrecess  (2021-03-31 16:54:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eichenberg might be a guard with 32 3/8 inch arms.

Dean's Bar *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2021-03-31 14:38:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy Hour Today @ Dean's 3pm to 7pm...FOCUS Baby *
by ND Harvey  (2021-03-31 14:41:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post