Yeah, it never mattered that Kelly was a craven mercenary
by ACross (2021-12-01 11:42:22)
Edited on 2021-12-01 16:09:32

And a prick to his players.

Does anyone think a single ND recruit this year will follow him to LSU? Or that any of our current players will utilize the transfer portal to follow him there? Or that any assistant coaches save his crony otherwise-unemployable incompetent Quinn will follow him to LSU?

The f-bomb cognoscenti now claims that even though they thought he was the bees knees for the last 11 years, and even though they defended his appalling behavior and inscrutable decisions and spectacularly poor performance in big games, that none of that changes their mind that he was a top flight coach.

Even though I do not bench press or go to coaching clinics as a non-coach coaching enthusiast, I predict he will fail early, often and always at LSU.

You know what? Those assclown misfits will still not change their tune on Kelly. "Even though he failed at LSU, and is a giant tool, I still won't admit the obvious, and I will still exaggerate the level of his (illusory) success at ND, and I will die with my Kellyboots on."

I would prefer Marcus Freeman's cat, dead or alive, over Kelly. I pronounce his tenure to have been a failure by ND's standards. I am not fooled by diluted schedules or by counting vacated wins. I reject the notion that his conduct as a University representative is irrelevant. I remember his unhinged cruelty to TJ Jones and to Mustipher and countless others. I remember him assaulting (ND graduate) Grimes on national TV, with no repercussions from his Chinaman, Swarbrick. I remember his defiant, yet hollow, denials of culpability for getting ND placed on probation for the first time in its history (I don't count Dunbar) (but I bet KGB does). I remember him skating away from blame for the tragic death of Declan. I remember the pants-shitting against Alabama 2012 and 2021. And against Clemson in the playoff in 2020 when ND had to play against their first team. I remember the Ohio State debacle in Phoenix. I remember Tulsa and the most woeful season in my lifetime, 2016. I remember the NC State game with over 40 pass calls in a hurricane (counting sacks and scrambles as pass calls), almost all of which in a shotgun formation. I remember him begging for a layup bowl opponent in the silly bowl game against Rutgers; I remember the game plan against Alabama in 2012; I remember Kelly riding up the elevator in the Westin with Willie 8 hours after the final gun after getting routed in the NC game in 2012. I learned yesterday that he used the howler of predicate after the Wisconsin game that because he was the "winningest" (defined as accumulating the most wins because he coaches the most years and the seasons had 12 games and ignoring the numerosity of losses) he deserved a raise.

The one thing that can be cited with accuracy is that at the end of his career, he won games against patsies. Our hapless SID even cited that as some kind of noteworthy achievement. We don't lose to the tomato cans that Kelly asked us to play to make him (and Swarbrick) look better!

The same guys who defended Weis to the bitter end (and to an extent, TW) now insist that supporting this douchebag does not reflect poorly on their judgment.

One would think that the manner in which he departed would be a unifying event. Apparently, it is not.

He never made me proud to be a Notre Dame graduate or fan
by JC_90_94  (2021-12-01 15:04:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some serious college football fans and, yes, many of them ND alumni themselves would scoff at my disdain for Kelly. "What do you want. . .Kelly has resurrected the program. . . he gets 10+ wins a year. . .with all the academic restrictions. . . you're just unrealistic. . . "

Across and others have detailed his conduct. These weren't "one off" missteps or simply things done in the heat of the moment that might later be regretted. No - these were all indications that he is, at his core, a self-promoting jerk. "Get used to it", constantly throwing players under the bus (explicitly like Mustipher and TJ Jones, implicitly every time he harped on "execution" after a disappointing loss), his blame-shifting from the academic scandal to something much more significant - the death of a student manager under his watch - was another clear sign of his character.

Farwell and don't bother ever coming back. You are not welcome.

Spot on. To be an outstanding coach, the first thing that
by kellykapowski  (2021-12-01 13:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you need is integrity. Players won’t play well for you if they don’t trust you or if you do not set a proper example of behavior.

Outstanding post except your use of Chinaman
by dulac89  (2021-12-01 13:08:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even in the context you are using it, it is no longer acceptable

Agreed and agreed. It is not 1988 anymore. *
by BigBadBrewer  (2021-12-01 15:30:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. It's very bad look, and needs to be called out. *
by NDFanSince81  (2021-12-01 13:22:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope you continue on your crusade *
by ACross  (2021-12-01 13:25:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember first hearing it over 50 years ago...
by Kbyrnes  (2021-12-01 13:16:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...(Jaysus, Mary & Joseph, that's a long time ago, sort of).

Anyway, the ward heelers in Chicago's 19th used the phrase to mean someone's clout/connection, but I doubt I've heard it used in decades, except in private conversations over drinks on Western Avenue with older-timers than me ("Studs Casey? Wasn't his [guy] from Ed Kelly's organization?"). Now people will just say, so-and-so's clout.

In the military, it is having a “Rabbi.” *
by usmcirish  (2021-12-01 13:40:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I firtst heard it in Chicago
by ACross  (2021-12-01 13:22:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

used in the context as one's sponsor or patron at an organization or firm.

Because it has nothing to do with race, I find it acceptable. Like calling somebody Chief. Or shanty lace curtain Irish mick.

To be clear, mocking the Irish is always acceptable. Also
by dulac89  (2021-12-01 19:22:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if the rumors are true, it appears you were right and I was wrong about Swarbrick's press conference favoring Fickell over Freeman

Well said, Sir. *
by Nd76  (2021-12-01 12:49:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's claiming he won't recruit players to come with him.
by irishaddict  (2021-12-01 12:47:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Trying to draw a contrast with Lincoln Riley. Pretty convenient.

That might be a lie, Amorion Walker apparently..........
by Ty Webb  (2021-12-01 13:27:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was contacted by the LSU recruiting coordinator to expect a call from Kelly in the next coming days.

I know, Kelly not being trustworthy?

Oh, yeah, sure. *
by ProfKid93  (2021-12-01 12:59:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was LSU seriously in on any of the same players? *
by tdiddy07  (2021-12-01 12:49:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure LSU would be happy to take Sneed etc.
by irishaddict  (2021-12-01 13:01:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Freeman ends up taking the LSU DC job, I'd bet a few of our current recruits end up in Baton Rouge.

Broader point is that Kelly was a shitty recruiter and has no strong personal relationship with any of these guys - they weren't going to ND for Kelly the way guys were going to OU for Riley.

I mean were any of the recruits already considering LSU
by tdiddy07  (2021-12-01 13:07:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as a potential school. No one is going to follow Kelly who wasn't already very high on LSU. But, yes, I could see some people following Freeman if they at least had some initial interest in LSU. Of course, Kelly doesn't have Freeman right now. So it seems self-serving of Kelly to say if there aren't natural people that he knows would consider LSU.

I don't follow recruiting well enough to know. I assume no.
by irishaddict  (2021-12-01 13:09:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the only time we've really competed against LSU in the past was for LA kids like Diggs, Tillery and Keys.

A+ *
by ProfKid93  (2021-12-01 12:21:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A few months back
by BmoreIrish  (2021-12-01 12:17:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was a poll that was something to the effect of "what bugs you the most about Kelly". I was utterly shocked at how many people answered "his offense."

Of the list you created here (to which I would add "wait til I get my guys"), look at how little of it had to do with football X's and O's. Every issue with this program stemmed from his lack of leadership and personal accountability. He is, to his core, a small, selfish man. Such people do not succeed.

It should not be forgotten that Jenkins and Swarbrick capitulated to him at EVERY turn. While I am relieved Kelly is gone, I cannot forget that those two stuck by him. So much of Kelly's recent W-L record is due to how much he was propped up by the administration.

There is an easy litmus test here. Look at the posters who are relieved versus the posters acting like jilted lovers (re: LSU's fan base is tough! Enjoy dealing with THAT, Brian!"). I'm just glad ND wasn't able to coach him on how to leave, he got to show his true colors one more time.

We al know who Swarbrick is, too *
by ACross  (2021-12-01 12:19:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Co-sign *
by goirish89  (2021-12-01 12:16:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A terrific post! *
by Centralpa  (2021-12-01 12:16:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

6 recruits have decomitted from Oklahoma since Riley left
by DBCooper  (2021-12-01 12:11:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the assumption is most, if not all, will follow him to USC.

Only 1 has decommitted from ND (you will probably see another soon) but neither are expected to go to LSU.

Its early, but thats pretty telling.

Agreed. He is the worst leader I have studied in 20 years.
by URwhatUR  (2021-12-01 12:10:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I study leadership for a living and coach outstanding business leaders. BK is not on par with a single one, including some who post here.

Weis was a horrible leader too, but at least he did not loathe ND, his employer. BK is a user who never understood ND enough to get it or care. At all.

He almost had me fooled this year. I noticed players seemed genuine in their post-game celebrations with him this year; however, he I who he is, and the truth was evident in his thoughtless, amatuer game speeches.

He is not worth any more of the time or energy of the good people here. Or, of yours, Andy. Ha!

It should be easy to fill his brown and white elevator shoes
by MrE  (2021-12-01 12:18:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd love to learn more about his childhood/early years.

Well stated. Post more often *
by drmurray  (2021-12-01 12:12:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded. *
by Moff  (2021-12-01 12:15:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't hold back, Andy. Tell us what you really think!
by Barney68  (2021-12-01 12:10:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other than your tendency toward the sugar coated understatement, this is an excellent post.

Well, other than that and appearing to limit the rot in the system to Kelly and Swarbrick. They did not do this alone. The rot goes much higher.

Excellent post. I’m anxiously awaiting Kapowskis response *
by BostonIrish  (2021-12-01 12:03:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with the content. His grandstanding is irritating,
by kellykapowski  (2021-12-01 13:14:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I’ll give him a pass as we are all angry with the manner in which he jumped ship.

She may be OCD, but she is not a Kellylover *
by ACross  (2021-12-01 12:05:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this week has brought joy and entertainment.
by MrE  (2021-12-01 12:01:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

part of the entertainment is watching/listening to the local media and paysite sycophants grapple with the fact they were on the wrong side of the issue for so long.

I'm afraid to even ask what Kelly did to TJ Jones... *
by melanzana  (2021-12-01 11:56:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This unhinged tirade (link)
by ACross  (2021-12-01 12:04:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow has he aged *
by NDMainiac  (2021-12-01 12:26:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first comment on that video
by mocopdx  (2021-12-01 12:09:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"brian kelly is the man gotta love that passion!!!!! Go Irish!"

I wish it were parody. God, sports fans are such idiots.

Did you read the last one? *
by The Holtz Room  (2021-12-01 12:47:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had a purple-faced tirade at him on national TV
by IrishJosh24  (2021-12-01 12:01:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first game after his dad, also a former ND player, died.

Hard not to think Kelly was trying to make it clear that TJ was to blame for a failed play (and loss). Instead of putting his arm around him, being a good mentor, reassuring him, etc. If TJ made a mental mistake that particular day, it's not hard to see why. In fact, it's kind of hard to blame him. But Brian put on a show nonetheless.

It wasn't the week after (Jones died in June)
by StetsonDan  (2021-12-01 12:05:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still, Kelly turned purple yelling at TJ in the first game (USF) after his dad died and the same game where ND honored his dad.

You're right. Corrected.
by IrishJosh24  (2021-12-01 12:06:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was the first game after, which I'd somehow morphed into the same week.

First game his father couldn't be there to watch.
by Moff  (2021-12-01 12:10:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've heard that trantrum described as "a total failure of leadership" by someone eminently qualified to opine re same.

Andre was one of the coolest, nicest guys too.

The worst is he kept it up that season.
by StetsonDan  (2021-12-01 12:17:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A friend of a friend gave my family gold seat tickets behind the ND bench for the Air Force game a month later that season.

You could hear Kelly scream at and curse out TJ Jones multiple times. It was painful to watch given what Jones was going through.

I remember Nelson Agholor was in for an official visit that game so Kelly added jet sweep wrinkles to the offense. Little surprise that Agholor went to USC after he got to see that first hand.

I'd normally say "unbelievable...," but it's not. *
by Moff  (2021-12-01 12:22:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your finest work *
by Combodraw  (2021-12-01 11:55:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"before you accept this job, understand this:
by irishrock  (2021-12-01 11:53:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. We expect to win...despite the fact that we're always looking to have the toughest schedule possible
2. We believe in student athletes and our players will graduate our players
3. You will not cheat or you will be gone"

That's what Father Joyce told Holtz.

Look, Kelly's schedules are a slap in the face to our prior coaches and players. Michigan put a clown suit on Kelly and those losses were embarrassing. If ND wins the 2019 game, I believe Harbaugh is gone. Navy losses were embarrassing. Tulsa...I don't even know how to put that one into words. 2016, how did he survive that year?

The schedule has really emboldened a lot of people at ND (not this site) and given them a strong sense of superiority when anybody with a brain should be able to recognize that the ACC tie up has weakened the schedule.

The five game commitment to the ACC
by wearendhockey  (2021-12-01 13:29:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is the worst thing that has happened to the Notre Dame football program. Worse than field turf, worse than blaring jumbotrons, worse even than Brian Kelly himself.

Preach *
by garbageplate  (2021-12-01 11:52:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Small nit --- you can't possibly remember the game plan
by NDBob  (2021-12-01 11:50:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

against Alabama in 2012 as there doesn't appear to have actually been one.

we came out in empty on the first play of the game
by jt  (2021-12-01 11:54:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

running half field reads from the run n' shoot, Mouse Davis style.

It was fucking garbage.

And our defensive gameplan was just as bad--"oh, when they start running zone, we'll go to a Bear front and just give up C gap." WTF? These guys are all idiots. Diaco, Martin, Kelly, BVG, et al. All of them.

It was heave long back- shoulder passes to the sideline to
by ACross  (2021-12-01 11:52:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a a covered tight end.

Wait a second. That worked!
by Queensman  (2021-12-01 12:37:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...on the very first play. The game was over after that.

I did get to meet Brian Bosworth at the pregame tailgater and sat next to a former Alabama QB at the game though. That was fun.

It's funny because it's true. *
by Milhouse  (2021-12-01 11:52:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, Dude, "Chinaman" is not the preferred nomenclature *
by Milhouse  (2021-12-01 11:49:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Asian-american please *
by gregmorrissey  (2021-12-01 12:02:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it is a different connotation
by ACross  (2021-12-01 12:32:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I invite you to research it.

I thought the word was Mandarin.
by Bruno95  (2021-12-01 12:40:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Regardless, the post ruled.

Forget it, Donnie. You're out of your element. (link)
by gregmorrissey  (2021-12-01 12:40:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're like a child who wanders into the room in the middle of a movie and wants to know what the fuck is going on

would "ass sniffer" be more enlightened? *
by ACross  (2021-12-01 11:54:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can think of an awful lot of things to call him. *
by Milhouse  (2021-12-01 11:57:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

suggest one that articulates the co-dependent relationship
by ACross  (2021-12-01 12:02:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

between Kelly and Swarbrick, by which Kelly know he could ask for anything, and that Swarbrick would almost always say yes, because Swarbrick knoew that his legacy was inextricably intertwined with Kelly's, and to fire him would be to admit his own failure.

Swarbrick was Kelly's girl Friday? *
by captaineclectic  (2021-12-01 13:31:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's awfully complicated. Ass-sniffer works just fine.
by Milhouse  (2021-12-01 12:14:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure there's a "human caterpillar" joke in here too.

Also, see link.

and then keep in mind
by jt  (2021-12-01 12:08:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Jack is very likely to have the same attitude about the next coach he hires.

This doesn't end until the reign of terror of Swarbrick is over.

Take it up with Fr. John. *
by irishintheville  (2021-12-01 12:14:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

take it up with the guy who is basically the tallest midget?
by jt  (2021-12-01 12:16:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND should go to a lay President.

Well stated. Add that his best assistants are not likely to
by eriendfan  (2021-12-01 11:49:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

follow him.

Frankly I firmly believe he will struggle to hire good assistant coaches. Although what is really new about that. He always struggled to hire good assistants. The fact that he coached at ND was his best selling point to some of the guys that he was "forced" to pursue and hire.

I heard som national talk hosts say that Kelly knows how to
by 1978Irish  (2021-12-01 12:42:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

put together a staff. I laughed out loud. He has lucked into some good assistants like Freeman, Lea. Harry H and Alford, but for the most part he has had weak staffs.

he can put together a staff when his AD tells him who to hir
by daviehamsufferer97  (2021-12-01 13:28:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

e.

The school he left has a better chance at a championship.
by NDMike2001  (2021-12-01 11:49:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brian can say that twice now.

The only thing I disagree with...
by revressbo  (2021-12-01 11:48:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is I'm seeing very few ND fans supporting Kelly at this point. It does seem to be pretty unifying in my eyes. But I don't really peruse many of the other sites/message boards often.

r/cfb
by Smokin_Clover  (2021-12-01 12:56:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No shortage of tools with ND flair saying that of course Kelly left, he did as well as anyone could given all the restrictions and limitations he had to deal with at ND, blah blah blah.

few things to add
by jt  (2021-12-01 11:47:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

those same clowns also support Swarbrick unconditionally and refer to him as the best AD in Notre Dame history.

These same guys turned against Joe Montana when Joe had the nerve to be critical of the program (he was and is not the only football playing alum to have negative opinions of the program).

One clown on there claims that we should "take some of that BK money" we're saving and invest it back into Tommy Rees. This is the same guy who said that Bill Diedrick developed Drew Bledsoe, by the way.

These guys have no shame. They refuse to admit they've been wrong all of these years.

And the same guy that said "Get used to it" was
by TCIrish03  (2021-12-01 11:49:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

an good example of showing leadership, not being held back by alumni (alumni which, he faked being to troll the Wild West board).

those guys have already started to blame the meanies
by jt  (2021-12-01 11:52:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if only Kelly hadn't of (sic) had to deal with these alumni who just didn't appreciate his wins vs. New Mexico, Toledo, et al. he would still be here.

I disagree
by Moff  (2021-12-01 11:47:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with none of this.

Same here. Fantastically stated. *
by Milhouse  (2021-12-01 11:50:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well now there has to be a Marcus Freeman’s Cat Twitter user *
by DakotaDomer  (2021-12-01 11:46:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't there once a Marcus the Cat poster or similar here? *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2021-12-01 12:25:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marcus Allen the Cat
by jddomer  (2021-12-01 12:30:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

kellykapowski had an awful USC roommate with an awful cat named Marcus Allen. He got his own handle here, and I believe had a twitter and a facebook page.

Thank you.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2021-12-01 13:10:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I knew Marcus Freeman the Cat could not possibly be right.

Oh FFS. I still hate that dumb cat who recently celebrated
by kellykapowski  (2021-12-01 13:16:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his 15th birthday with a party. Not kidding. His “mom” is still single. Shocking.

Marcus Freeman's Schrodinger's Cat
by jddomer  (2021-12-01 11:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it dead? Is it alive? Is it both dead AND alive?