Yeah, it never mattered that Kelly was a craven mercenary
by ACross (2021-12-01 11:42:22)
Edited on 2021-12-01 16:09:32

And a prick to his players.

Does anyone think a single ND recruit this year will follow him to LSU? Or that any of our current players will utilize the transfer portal to follow him there? Or that any assistant coaches save his crony otherwise-unemployable incompetent Quinn will follow him to LSU?

The f-bomb cognoscenti now claims that even though they thought he was the bees knees for the last 11 years, and even though they defended his appalling behavior and inscrutable decisions and spectacularly poor performance in big games, that none of that changes their mind that he was a top flight coach.

Even though I do not bench press or go to coaching clinics as a non-coach coaching enthusiast, I predict he will fail early, often and always at LSU.

You know what? Those assclown misfits will still not change their tune on Kelly. "Even though he failed at LSU, and is a giant tool, I still won't admit the obvious, and I will still exaggerate the level of his (illusory) success at ND, and I will die with my Kellyboots on."

I would prefer Marcus Freeman's cat, dead or alive, over Kelly. I pronounce his tenure to have been a failure by ND's standards. I am not fooled by diluted schedules or by counting vacated wins. I reject the notion that his conduct as a University representative is irrelevant. I remember his unhinged cruelty to TJ Jones and to Mustipher and countless others. I remember him assaulting (ND graduate) Grimes on national TV, with no repercussions from his Chinaman, Swarbrick. I remember his defiant, yet hollow, denials of culpability for getting ND placed on probation for the first time in its history (I don't count Dunbar) (but I bet KGB does). I remember him skating away from blame for the tragic death of Declan. I remember the pants-shitting against Alabama 2012 and 2021. And against Clemson in the playoff in 2020 when ND had to play against their first team. I remember the Ohio State debacle in Phoenix. I remember Tulsa and the most woeful season in my lifetime, 2016. I remember the NC State game with over 40 pass calls in a hurricane (counting sacks and scrambles as pass calls), almost all of which in a shotgun formation. I remember him begging for a layup bowl opponent in the silly bowl game against Rutgers; I remember the game plan against Alabama in 2012; I remember Kelly riding up the elevator in the Westin with Willie 8 hours after the final gun after getting routed in the NC game in 2012. I learned yesterday that he used the howler of predicate after the Wisconsin game that because he was the "winningest" (defined as accumulating the most wins because he coaches the most years and the seasons had 12 games and ignoring the numerosity of losses) he deserved a raise.

The one thing that can be cited with accuracy is that at the end of his career, he won games against patsies. Our hapless SID even cited that as some kind of noteworthy achievement. We don't lose to the tomato cans that Kelly asked us to play to make him (and Swarbrick) look better!

The same guys who defended Weis to the bitter end (and to an extent, TW) now insist that supporting this douchebag does not reflect poorly on their judgment.

One would think that the manner in which he departed would be a unifying event. Apparently, it is not.

Replies: