So name dozens of coaches
by DBCooper (2021-11-20 21:37:24)
Edited on 2021-11-20 21:39:40

In reply to: Dude, you're way off on this  posted by ndzippy

I’m just going by your comment. Heck, name 10, not named Saban, Smart, Dabo or Day.

Most of the ones you will pick will have lost to some shitty teams. All the others you pick will have had some bad years or only have coached for a few seasons. Either way most will have some obvious flaws. Kelly’s record against non ranked teams is not that impressive, especially because it probably happened over 2 seasons, but it shows he is not a shitty coach. His record in the playoffs and championship also shows he is not a great coach too. So that’s the unfortunate middle ground.

And ND does not always make the coach. We don’t have a consistent guaranteed pipeline of recruits like a Texas or Georgia would. It does take some work. It helps being at ND, but you took the best of those 3 guys. They all had really shitty seasons too. You left that part out. If you recruit a little, like Kelly, you get top 20 classes. If you really focus and work hard you get top 5 classes. Weis at least knew that part, Kelly still hasn’t really figured that part out. Another reason he is just a good, not great coach. But even with a lot of on paper talent Weis sucked his last few years. We know how really shitty an ND coach can get with Ty. Kelly has had a few really shitty seasons too. That’s why it’s not just about ND, those shitty seasons wouldn’t be so prevalent if Nd always made the coach.

Relax on the know me well enough non sequitur. I was talking in general. I have no idea of your posting history about Kelly, nor do I care.

Replies: