In some ways this is Brian Kelly’s wet dream
by SEE (2021-09-09 13:32:39)

A team that is forced to pass with a highly accurate passer, at least decent pass blocking and two backs that are receiving threats. I’ll posit we’ll see more screens.

Looks like we will see Lorenzo Styles and Deion Colzie sooner rather than later. Both of whom are sub 11.0 100 meter guys.

IF we can make it to November unscathed(doubtful) the Oline should actually have some decent options with Carmody, Spindler and Baker likely to get more experience. This obviously won’t be a dominating OLine.

Long term, the last two OL classes have been impressive so far: praise for Alt, Spindler, Fisher, Carmody and Baker.

Not quite. The QB isn’t mobile enough to be a run threat.
by Gort  (2021-09-10 08:53:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don’t worry though, Kelly will try to ram that square peg into the round hole sooner rather than later.

The OL does not need to dominate
by Goldhelmethead  (2021-09-09 19:32:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just need to be situationally effective.

I think they can do enough to be effective and can eventually dominate these types of schedules. Quinn needs to be accountable now. This is his proving ground season. Kelly needs to demand it.

As far as the Frosh WR's, I say get them on the field now. Let them play and make mistakes. It will only make them better.
Colzie can be an AA if he is coached up.

Brian Kelly and ‘wet dream’ should never be used in the
by MDDomer  (2021-09-09 15:47:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

same post. Flog yourself for punishment

Brian Kelly's name the word execution in the same
by clintreno  (2021-09-09 17:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sentence should never happen. Though it does conjure up some interesting possibilities

Is that the reason why BK wears a life jacket to bed? *
by Frank Drebin  (2021-09-09 14:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The dork thinks he’s gonna drown! *
by The Holtz Room  (2021-09-09 15:40:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also Kelly’s wet dream in that he has a built in excuse for
by FL_Irish  (2021-09-09 14:21:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...failure. Look at the new guys we were breaking in on the OL! Look at how many injuries we suffered at the linebacker position! Etc.

I'd be in favor of an OL shuffle.
by 84david  (2021-09-09 13:57:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Patterson to LT, Correll to center, Spindler to guard.

Best player in most important position.

I'd be in favor of an OL shuffle.
by BRIAN1956  (2021-09-09 19:55:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree keep the same player at center for this year and next year

I Always Prefer a Super Bowl Shuffle *
by 330morrissey  (2021-09-09 15:18:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This! *
by gmb66  (2021-09-09 14:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post