Is anyone going to actually $ubscribe to Peacock? * *
by JimClarke5 (2021-08-10 18:11:11)
Edited on 2021-08-10 18:12:27

This user did not provide content for this post

What happens when there is a fee for the Romper Room? *
by MobileIrish  (2021-08-12 10:40:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A piece of your dignity and soul.
by The Holtz Room  (2021-08-12 16:27:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See ya there!

Dignity? Many of us lost that a long time ago. *
by MobileIrish  (2021-08-12 21:20:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope *
by njnd96  (2021-08-12 10:26:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No. *
by Fresno MIke  (2021-08-11 13:07:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yup. We light our cigars with $5 bills *
by sullivan79  (2021-08-11 11:07:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This poll is skewed to elicit no's
by RJD  (2021-08-11 10:01:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We already have it.

I believe we needed it previously for either the Blue $ Gold game or ND Cornhole Interhall Invitational...Rick

I added it a few months ago.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2021-08-11 12:27:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(To be clear off the bat, moving an ND game from NBC to NBC Sports, Peacock, USA, should never happen, and a failure on our administration. Below is merely my thoughts on Peacock, unrelated to ND's dumbassery.)

When the WWE Network shut down and migrated over there, Peacock offered four months for $10 total. Considering I was paying the WWE Network $9.99/month, that was an easy decision, even now that I'm out of the promo period up to $4.99/month or $49.99/year. To me, everything else on the channel is bonus. There's also a freemium version with a smaller library if you want to give that a whirl.

Peacock has some good TV shows and movies in its catalog. It's not up to Hulu's level (and certainly not Netflix or HBO Max), but not terrible, depending on your taste. I was able to watch Eurovision this year, the Indy 500 practices, and the Olympic trials through there. If I liked soccer, that'd be a huge plus as well. I believe NBC Sports is shutting down this year, moving everything over to Peacock. They definitely need to work on their UI though.

That being said, I would recommend paying for Peacock only if you're really into WWE, soccer, classic TV shows, or Harry Potter. I would not subscribe if original content, a deep library, 4K/HDR, and an intuitive interface and search feature is important to you.

I have it for WWE Sunday night matches..... *
by Wolfetone  (2021-08-11 18:20:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's meant to setup a game of outrage one upsmanship *
by Tex Francisco  (2021-08-11 10:04:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm Figthing Mad!! *
by notra_dahm  (2021-08-11 15:21:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds about right *
by RJD  (2021-08-11 10:14:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As noted below: Included w/ Xfinity Internet Service
by indyrob  (2021-08-11 09:44:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have been using it to stream IndyCar practices/qualifying for a year (NOTE: NBC is pushing 2 live races next season to Peacock Premium) as well as several NBC shows and Universal (Harry Potter) movies for the family.

My experience is that it is similar in performance and UI to Hulu, ESPN App, Disney +. We have Xfinity 200mbps internet service and rarely get any buffering if our service is operating. I can stream to my backyard as well.

Can't wait for NBC to lose the Premier League...
by iudomer  (2021-08-11 14:40:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the crap they pulled the last few years.

Same here, but it is yet another paper cut.
by ribs  (2021-08-11 11:16:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have and use Peacock for the same thing as you, and I don't mind it. The interface and service are perfectly fine. But for Notre Dame football, it's another little deviation from what we know and love, and we are going to wake up one day and not recognize it at all from what we've been accustomed to.

Yes, assuming I'm home. *
by Tex Francisco  (2021-08-11 09:10:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We need to heed Nancy Reagan’s advice and “JUST SAY NO!” *
by Frank Drebin  (2021-08-11 06:55:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

going to buy a coke and get a free 7 day trial...
by guilfordnd  (2021-08-11 00:10:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then wipe my ass with the 2 free Michigan football tickets.

Nope. But I get it free with Comcast. *
by Jymbo  (2021-08-10 23:00:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same. The bigger question is why would anyone watch
by goirish89  (2021-08-11 00:31:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A game vs a team like Toledo.

We’re all worried about the color of lipstick on the pig.

Not just to see an ND football game in the early fall.
by Rocksteady74  (2021-08-10 21:04:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I subscribe to premium NBC-affiliated channels in the future it will be to get track/running and/or cycling.

For Premier League *
by NDMike2001  (2021-08-10 20:36:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No. No, man. Shit, no, man.
by tar  (2021-08-10 20:27:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays *
by garbageplate  (2021-08-10 21:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For ND football? No. For Girls5eva? Maybe... *
by ndzippy  (2021-08-10 19:29:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you like 30 Rock, give Girls5eva a shot. *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2021-08-10 23:43:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No
by jwill77  (2021-08-10 18:47:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thankfully the choice is made for me, as that day is opening day for my son's fall baseball league. I won't be watching ND and Toledo play regardless of the network.

But I don't want to subscribe to yet another streaming service. They'll need more than than a couple of ND games a year to draw my interest.

Note: Peacock Premium is included for no additional cost for
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-08-10 18:14:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all Xfinity Flex customers and Xfinity X1 and video customers who have a subscription to Xfinity Internet or Digital Starter TV, or equivalent, or above.

I get it free with Cox Contour.
by Piertravlr  (2021-08-10 20:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is not a bad service, and I do watch stuff on it semi-regularly. I don't think I would pay extra for it, however.

Yep, I all ready get the app. Just be ready for buffering
by ryND  (2021-08-10 18:23:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and crashes.

Not me. *
by FrMiceli  (2021-08-10 18:13:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post