I think this is a reasonable post. I disagree w much of it.
by Otter (2021-02-17 14:35:50)

In reply to: BK vs Lou  posted by 1nd1

I don't think its a troll post. I think it took courage to post it.

I agree with some of your points. I was a student during Lou's tenure and people were definitely getting sick of Lou's style. I love Lou but he drove me crazy at times with how conservative he was. I honestly wasn't upset when he was replaced by Davie. I was quite optimistic. Looking back, I was an idiot and had no perspective on how hard it is to put a winner on the field year in and year out.

I also agree that many, if not most fans wanted a high powered offense. We all loved Tony Rice, but we were looking for Ron Powlus to throw for 400 yards a game.

You lose me with your opinion of Kelly. And I hope you will hear me when I make this point and not dismiss it. Brian Kelly is an asshole.

He's an asshole. When he's winning I'm aware of it and when he is losing it is insufferable. He's a liar and I am disappointed that he's associated with Notre Dame. That has nothing to do with his football coaching chops. I simply don't like the guy and I don't think that makes me an outlier.

As far as his coaching? He's done above average. Whether or not that is acceptable to the fans is one issue. The problem I have is that it is acceptable to Brian Kelly. The great coaches are eaten up inside when they don't win. Famously they live and sleep at their offices. Frank Leahy ran his health into the ground. Joe Gibbs had to walk away from the NFL after 3 super bowl wins because his health couldn't take the effort he needed to put in to be successful.

Is Brian Kelly similarly committed to success? That's my problem with him and with ND.

Replies: