Edits made to this. Two interesting articles in NY Post.
by Jfs86 (2024-03-01 08:34:25)
Edited on 2024-03-01 10:06:51

I originally did not post the links. This was all I typed [First one claims scientist has found " the smoking gun" proof COVID 19 was created in Wuhan Institute Virology.]

https://nypost.com/2024/02/29/world-news/scientists-may-have-started-the-covid-pandemic-article/

Original [Second article says Hunter Biden confirms "the Big Guy" actually is Joe Biden.]

Joe and Hunter Biden have denied that Joe Biden was the big guy. In closed door testimony, It is claimed he admitted Joe was the big guy.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/29/us-news/hunter-biden-acknowledged-joe-was-the-big-guy-in-5m-china-deal/

Lay off gang. He's done his research *
by dulac89  (2024-03-02 09:34:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

You know they give this shit away, right?
by beatgoeson  (2024-03-01 19:41:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

They can't live on "Headless body in topless bar" forever.

Klaus?
by ravenium  (2024-03-01 14:12:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

(I kid, I kid, but I think of this scene every time someone mentions the NY Post)

Klaus! (link)
by ocnd  (2024-03-01 15:52:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The viability of this forum depends on the prudence
by ACross  (2024-03-01 13:32:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

And judgment of participants. And that requires at least some vetting of sources. You Trump voting simpleton.

Your profile makes you hard to take seriously.
by ocnd  (2024-03-01 12:46:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Enemies: Rich liberals

Of all the things in this world to make your enemy, you chose that.

Your posting suggests the initial impression is true.

Here is a better link...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-03-01 12:38:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...It's to the actual transcript: Hunter Biden/impeachment testimony transcript 2-29-2024 (linked from Rebecca Falconer, "Key takeaways from transcript of Hunter Biden's testimony," axios.com, updated March 1, 2024).

It is misleading to say that Hunter "admitted" that Joe Biden was the "Big Guy." Here are relevant snippets:

Page 115

"Q And then "10 held by H," which would be you, "for the big guy," which presumably is your dad, correct?

Mr. Goldman. Question mark, correct?

BY [REDACTED]:

Q Question mark.

A Question mark. Not only question mark, but all I know this is, is that,
number one, there's only one agreement that includes Tony Bobulinski, that is executed, that is signed by me. There's only one message that I had as it relates to any involvement that I had with Tony Bobulinski, James Gilliar, my uncle, and Rob Walker, and it did not involve my dad.

There's an executed agreement in which I got 20 percent, Jim got 20 percent, Rob 15 got 20 percent, Tony got 20 percent, and James Gilliar got 20 percent. Nothing do with Joe Biden. And the only agreement that was drafted before that had 50-50, and I was -- I was the one 50. I was 50, and Mr. Ye was the other 50. And the only company that ever existed that had any involvement with Mr. Ye that was ever an actual operating company was the company Hudson West Three, in which I owned 50 percent, and Mr. Ye owned 50 percent."

Pages 117-118

"Q One final question, because our round is up, I know everyone's disappointed by that. But the reference to the big guy, you would agree, is a reference to your father?

A I truly don't know what the hell that James was talking about. All I know is that what actually happened. All I know is that what was executed in the agreement, and the agreement didn't have anything to do with my father. He's never benefited from my business, and he's never taken an action to benefit me or any of my business.

Q If that's the case, though, why is Gilliar drafting something like that?

A Because I think that it was just as Rob Walker said. I think that it was pie in the sky. Like Joe Biden's out of the office. Maybe we'll be able to get him involved. Remember, again, is that Joe Biden, for first time in 48 years, is not an elected official and is not seeking office. And so James is probably, like, wow, wouldn't be great if a former Vice President could be in our business together?"

Page 120

"Q Good afternoon, Mr. Biden. I want to come back to exhibit 16, which is the last exhibit my Republican colleagues introduced, the email from James Gilliar to Tony Bobulinski, cc'ing Rob Walker and you, in which he has that question at the end, "10 held by H for the big guy?"

A Yes.

Q I just want to be very clear. This is an email sent by James Gilliar. He's the one making this suggestion, posing this question.

A Yes.

Q This is not from you?

A Yes.

Q You never suggested that your father become involved in your business dealings with CEFC.

A I never suggested that. That never happened.

Q And I think during your round of questioning, you talked about how, you know, this idea that he would join is kind of crazy and you would shut it down. And I wanted to ask you kind of: What -- why was that your view?

A Well, it was my view because my father's never been involved in any of my businesses. He's never taken a role, never had any stake in any of my businesses, or benefited from any of my businesses. And it's just something that I would not do."

The "Question mark" comment up at the start refers to the fact that "10 held by H for the big guy" was not a declarative statement, but a question. In the source email, it reads, "10 held by H for the big guy?"

Rob Walker, in his own deposition on January 26, made this point as well. See Walker deposition 1-26-2024.

Snippets:

"It has a question mark on the end, and this is an email, and this was not -- this is hypothetical, and this was never followed through within any agreement....I think he was tossing some things out there....He doesn't know. Nobody responded to this. And when the deal came through, I think it was 20 percent across the board. And it never happened. The structure was put together, but the thing dissolved shortly thereafter, also....[Rep. Jordan: "20 percent across the board for who?"] "Hunter, me, James Gilliar, Tony, and Jim."

Maybe the fact it's misleading makes it interesting. *
by Revue Party  (2024-03-01 12:50:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Where has Joe Biden ever denied *being* “the Big Guy”
by kormal  (2024-03-01 11:29:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

How could he even deny it, he didn’t write the email.

Did you read the NY Post story? Even they report that Hunter denied Joe was ever involved. President Biden also denied ever being involved.

I have ceased to take you seriously
by sprack  (2024-03-01 10:49:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Oh wait, I never started.

Wasn't the Hunter Biden thing pretty much discredited?
by Revue Party  (2024-03-01 09:55:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Wasn't the guy indicted for lying about Biden? The GOP's obsession with Hunter is bonkers. I mean, it's on brand.

As for Wuhan, some guy said something. News at 11. I'm actually not surprised if it was from the institute. I'm not sure it matters at this point. If the point is that this is what caused a large swath of the GOP to become a batshit (pun intent) mass of anti-vax imbeciles, then okay.

The GOP needs to take a cue from Emily Litella, whether it
by IAND75  (2024-03-01 09:45:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

is Hunter, Joe, Myorkas, Fauci…

She once was concerned about the presidential erection *
by sprack  (2024-03-01 10:47:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Huge if true. *
by voidoid  (2024-03-01 09:39:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Why is the New York Post the only medium reporting it? *
by ACross  (2024-03-01 10:55:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

To be clear
by voidoid  (2024-03-01 12:05:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

my post is 100% sarcastic.

Looks like I was 100 percent oblivious. Sorry. *
by ACross  (2024-03-01 13:33:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The comedian John Mulaney has an accurate bit on the Post
by voidoid  (2024-03-01 14:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The NY Post's staff is populated by dishonest imbeciles. *
by IrishApache  (2024-03-01 09:32:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

You doofus *
by ACross  (2024-03-01 08:44:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

ACROSS, I say this sincerely. You need help. Reach out to
by jfs86  (2024-03-01 09:48:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

me. I have a client who is an experienced Psychologist. I can make an introduction. I am also a member of a Men's weekly prayer group. In the past, they did ZOOM the meeting. I can see if we can do that for you. I am also in a group of men that prays the Rosary nightly. I can send you the link.

Normal people don't just other call people names. You do it so often to so many different people.

I really think you need help psychologically, emotionally and spiritually.

Reach out to board ops and they can provide my email. Or, there are probably mental help experts on the board that would be willing to help you.

I don't mean this as an insult. A couple of years ago, a Priest refused to give me absolution because I wouldn't forgive someone. Since then I have tried to not have hate in my heart. My life is better for it.

Not meant as insult? Hmmm *
by ufl  (2024-03-02 10:31:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Andy praying the rosary nightly in a group setting? There
by kellykapowski  (2024-03-04 11:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   mjc Thread locked

isn’t enough Meiomi on the planet to make that happen.

You are like a stalker.
by BeijingIrish  (2024-03-04 11:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   mjc Thread locked

Whenever Andrew shows up, you are close behind. Is there a story there?

I’m the stalker? Andy, why don’t you tell BI why you got a 2
by kellykapowski  (2024-03-04 11:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   mjc Thread locked

week suspension from NDN.

If you're going to continue to provoke him...
by Board Ops  (2024-03-04 11:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   mjc Thread locked

...this isn't going to end the way you want.

We told both of you to stay away from each other.

I see you deleted it,
by BeijingIrish  (2024-03-04 11:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   mjc Thread locked

but you have to be real careful not to cross a line. When it gets personal, the line has been crossed. In any case, I wish I were not a participant in this thread. I thought I was delivering a light-hearted jab, but I misjudged.

It certainly had nothing to do with any stalking, airhead *
by ACross  (2024-03-04 11:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   mjc Thread locked

I'm a psychiatrist - you should stay in your lane *
by dinger9927  (2024-03-01 12:38:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

This isn't less doofus
by OrangeJubilee  (2024-03-01 10:12:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

God I hate to end up agreeing with Andy.

We can't award you any points. Your response was
by Jfs86  (2024-03-01 08:50:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

insufficient. Please, feel free to expound.

Ah...your post was very skimpy...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-03-01 09:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

....It wasn't even, "Hey, look at this," where you might have provided a link. It was just "I saw something that said this and that. Period." You can object to being called a doofus, but given the lack of elaboration in your original post it's sort of hard for you to ask anyone to expound on your topic.

The NYP is not "below the line" in the Ad Montes measurement (see the first pinned post at the top of this board), but it's in the gray area and not consistently considered reliable.

I was on my Kindle and the touch screen to copy and paste
by jfs86  (2024-03-01 09:34:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

can be glitchy. I am now on my computer with keyboard and mouse. Your response is fine and correct. It would have been better to wait until I could post the the link.

Across' on the other hand was different.

They didn't on covid. Doubt they did on Hunter
by AquinasDomer  (2024-03-01 09:10:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

They keep recycling old rumors that cropped up early in the pandemic that have been disproved.

If you're curious here's a good layman's explanation of what we know on pandemic origin and why the virology community leans heavily towards natural origins.

Ebright is a POS by the way. He spends his days trolling other scientists on Twitter and calling them morons/stooges/expletives. He's really unhinged. The article is classic NY Post.

Unhinged.
by Revue Party  (2024-03-01 09:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Also on brand.

Here's one example
by AquinasDomer  (2024-03-01 10:43:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

"Feel free to lecture me about professionalism here & get blocked w/ a quickness. I gave a talk on Twitter disinfo & had an entire slide cataloguing every time he called someone (inc me) a stooge in the prior 2 weeks. He’s an abusive bigot & I don’t owe him professional courtesy." He being Ebright.

He's also not a virologist so great sourcing by the post.

"Ebright is a professor of chemistry who studies bacterial transcription. He is not an expert on viruses in any way, despite Sachs’ insistence that he is “very senior”."