I agree 100%
by Domer84 (2024-02-28 18:35:12)
Edited on 2024-02-28 18:35:58

In reply to: I'm starting to feel personally put out  posted by El Kabong

It never fails to amaze me how the GOP can shoot itself in the foot. In 2020, Trump was running against a guy living in his basement. Democrats had set the country ablaze in an orgy of arson, looting, and murder. Vaccines for Covid were being developed in record time. Yet, No one in the Republican party could put together a plan to highlight leftist violence, emphasize the positive accomplishments of the previous 4 years and, most importantly, rein in Trump.

In 2022 they let the MAGA wing nominate a bunch of idiots and the red wave was a trickle. This year, they had a good crop of younger men and women, black, white, Hispanic, and Indian to go up against an unpopular old, white President. But, they are picking Trump who didn't even show up at the debates.

Whatever you think of Nikki Haley, she is very electable. She would pull in white suburban women and independents (and Democrats?) who want to vote for the first woman of color President. This is especially true against Biden who appears old and incompetent. Current polls show her crushing Joe. But, the GOP is picking Trump.

Of course, Biden is dropping out and the DNC will select someone else who will do his/her best to goad Trump into saying something insane at the debates. Trump is the Democrats best hope to retain the White House and, perhaps, take Congress. I do not understand why the Trumpers don't see that.

Replies: