True.
by Domer84 (2024-03-01 13:31:45)

In reply to: I would push back on this  posted by ravenium

We had a protest march here in Nashville that probably had 10,000 participants. No problems. They marched around downtown, went to hear some speeches and went home. A few nights later, however, some folks tried to burn down the courthouse and looted the Margaritaville restaurant.

You are correct that the media spun these types of events differently. On ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN etc. these were all just protests with a few folks that got out of hand. On Fox, conversely, every protest was the end of society.

I don't know how many peaceful protests there were in 2020. I do know that several times per week that summer there was some type of violence: smashed windows, looted stores, burning businesses. This was the kind of thing not seen here since the '70s and should have been universally condemned, but it was not. Too many Democratic politicians, fearful of upsetting the mob, made excuses and refused to criticize them. The GOP allowed those politicians to skate on that position thus missing an opportunity, as usual.