With all due respect, asking what has "disgusted" someone
by G.K.Chesterton (2024-02-27 14:41:47)
Edited on 2024-02-27 14:46:42

In reply to: What exactly has Biden done to disgust you?  posted by vermin05

about this figure or that figure is not the right question. It's limiting the scope of the answers. Theoretically, someone could have done something very disgusting but otherwise be the right choice.

In fairness to your question, I asked my wife the other night about whether she'd choose Biden over Trump and she avoided answering the question. 😃 Frankly, there are a lot of conservatives in the same boat as us.

Regarding inflation, even if prices level, they are never going back. You cannot undo all the damage that was done by this administration in printing money for its union cronies via jokes like the Inflation Reduction Act and all the COVID money fraud and giveaways, in which a lot of the money either was fraudulently awarded or was given to school districts to cover deficits for paying teachers.

Pay-for-play with Hunter and friend, the attempt to squash domestic energy production, the handling of COVID-19, the huge deficit spending he has left for future generations (he's not the only one, of course, but he's big), his pro-abortion push, the list goes on and on.

You mentioned the House. As a conservative, I am very disappointed that so many Republicans are rolling over for Trump.

Most importantly, he is not fit to be president, regardless of whether or not I like his policies, and he has not been fit for some time. Father Time is undefeated. I truly wonder who is running this country.

Until recently, the press largely provided cover for him and even now, the issue is getting underplayed. The same people who wanted to use the 25th Amendment on Trump while he was in office have been quieter than a church-mouse regarding Biden.

The two *main* choices right now are both bad.

EDIT: Biden > Trump on Ukraine, but both Biden and the House need to do more. Biden has been "Ditherer-in-chief" on Ukraine.

Squashing domestic energy production?! Explain
by gregmorrissey  (2024-02-27 22:05:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Please spend five minutes finding actual data about squashing domestic energy production.

No kidding.
by Kali4niaND  (2024-02-27 23:36:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Tell me you only watch Newsmax without telling me you only watch Newsmax.

You just might be insane *
by ACross  (2024-02-27 21:03:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

you may be right; he may be crazy
by jt  (2024-02-28 13:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.

“Pay for play with Hunter and friend”.
by Manor76  (2024-02-27 18:26:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Do you seriously think Joe was in league with Hunter on an influence peddling scheme?

Apparently he believes the Russian the FBI just arrested *
by sprack  (2024-02-27 18:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

What’s the “pro-abortion push”?
by The Holtz Room  (2024-02-27 16:16:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Is the administration handing out abortion-club punch cards?

Get 4 and your 5th is free?

He is still talking the talk. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-02-27 17:42:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I'm not wild about Biden
by crazychester  (2024-02-27 15:53:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and I am admittedly right of center politically. I don't know that he's done anything to disgust me but he is clearly mentally unfit to hold such an important office at what is seemingly a very important global moment. You're not going to take a cognitive test but your going to ask me to give you four more years safe-guarding the US nuclear arsenal ? I dont think so.

Before I make this next point I'll point out that I loathe Donald Trump and I have never voted for him nor will I ever. I find him to be a reprehensible human being who can once or twice stumble over a good idea but any benefit to his tunure is far out-weighed by the damage that he does to the office.

At the same time, I am told that his running or his election is a threat to democracy and I guess that could be true if one thought he is going to grab the levels of power and never relinquish them. I find this fear overblown as he is constitutionally precluded from running for a third term, but that is not the point I want to argue.

How is Joe Biden in his current state not a threat to Democracy? The man can barely string together three sentences. How can anyone possibly believe that he is fully in charge of the executive branch of the US governemnet ? This is a dynamic that will only worsen over time. How is a shadow government not a threat to Democracy ?

Sounds like disgust to me *
by ufl  (2024-02-27 15:48:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Actually, this scene falls more into disgusting.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-02-27 17:46:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Anyhow, that's what I was reminded of. 8^)