I'm not disgusted.
by manofdillon (2024-02-26 18:05:45)

In reply to: What exactly has Biden done to disgust you?  posted by vermin05

And if the choice is Biden or Trump, I hope Biden wins (I'm in Illinois so I'll cast a third party or write-in vote that more closely aligns with my views, if I lived in a competitive state I'd cast a Biden vote).

But I certainly do not think Biden is a quality candidate for President, and I'd support just about any normal, mature Republican candidate against him. Beyond run of the mill policy disagreements, the following are chief among my complaints:

-He's too old and clearly has lost a step (or two). Don't tell me he's got a stutter or always been a bumbling moron. If faced with a true crisis requiring decisive executive action, does anyone feel confident that he'd be the one making the tough decisions? In a democracy, we should know that the buck ultimately stops with the guy who's elected. I don't have confidence that would be the case with Biden right now, let alone 5 years from now at the conclusion of his second term.

-Afghanistan was a disaster.

-The border's a huge problem. Republicans are contributing to addressing it now, but the Biden administration let it get out of hand for the last three years bringing us to where we are now. I'm a proponent of lawful immigration (we probably need more of it) and humane treatment to people who came here illegally but have been productive and law abiding since they arrived. But it's not viable to have the flood of people crossing the border illegally and Biden didn't act like he gave a damn about it until it really started to get political traction more recently.

-The student loan program is an unconstitutional transfer of wealth to people who are generally less deserving than people without college degrees. As noted on this board, any Republic who said "the Supreme Court tried to stop me but I did it any way" would be called an authoritarian. And rightly so.

Replies: