I'm a huge fan of Schweinsteiger
by HTownND (2017-03-22 10:25:06)

In reply to: I might go to see Schweinsteiger next month...  posted by baloo88

And this may get me to actually buy a ticket and head back down to Toyota Park.

But given how much of a pain in the ass it was last time I went down there, I'm not inclined to make it a regular occurrence.

I want to embrace the Fire, but the stadium situation really really really really sucks.

HTown do you watch with Chelsea Chicago? *
by alleghenyirish  (2017-03-22 14:44:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used to
by HTownND  (2017-03-22 15:36:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But after moving to the burbs, that became much harder. I no longer pay membership dues to CIA and haven't watched with the Chicago folks in some time, but I did way back, and it was fun.

I also watched matches with Irishted on several occasions.

I only ask because I've heard mixed things
by alleghenyirish  (2017-03-23 13:47:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Several Chelsea fans I know can't stand their chairman

I think they have a new guy
by HTownND  (2017-03-23 16:18:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ever since they moved to the new location on Ashland, I think the heads of the group are new, or newer.

Like I said, it's been about 7 years since I watched with them in the city, and it wasn't at the new location.

Just went back, and yeah, I dropped out once it moved to AJ Hudsons (couldn't remember the name). When I went it was to the Globe, which had Chelsea folks, but also a bunch of other soccer fans as well. They had folks at Fado too. Definitely a new guy based on the CIA website.