Jumping ahead to 2019, Sammie Puisis, 6'1" guard/wing from outside Cincinnati, just committed to Florida State. Puisis is a fierce high school rival and AAU teammate of 2018 Irish Commit Abby Prohaska.
While taking a look at her twitter account, it appears there is family in Florida and she got a very enthusiastic welcome from fellow FSU commit and center River Baldwin, an early 201 FSU commit. (referred to her as "rooomie," so maybe there's a prior relationship there).
Puisis had come to a Notre Dame game late last season. Now that I remember it, that game was against Florida State. Many of us thought that was a good sign for the Irish. Apparently, Ms. Puisis had eyes on the other team, too.
However, we have landed a commit from Anaya Peoples, the highest rated point guard in that class. And there are a slew of talented guards/wings in the class of 2019, including:
- Kierstan Bell (who has an offer from ND, if memory holds);
- Breanna Beal, the Illinois Player of the Year, who just got an offer from South Carolina;
- Rickea Jackson from Detroit, who also just got an offer from South Carolina, so Dawn Staley is obviously covering her bases.
as well as:
- Celeste Taylor, the 5'10" guard from Long Island Lutheran and Philly Belle teammate of 2018 commit Danielle Cosgrove;
- Diamond Miller, the 6'1" wing/guard/do everything player from New Jersey who, along with Taylor, was on the U.S. team that won gold in Argentina this summer.
Looking slightly ahead to 2020, Indiana Native Sydney Parrish from Hamilton Southeastern and the Indy Gym Rats, is also a guard/wing.
Stay tuned -- I'll have a complete work-up shortly.
The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.