Nothing but shotgun snaps in the BG game
by Son of Galway (2024-04-24 15:21:47)
Edited on 2024-04-24 15:33:26

In reply to: OL as a unit  posted by Wass

Leads me to believe that Denbrock does not agree with you.

Between that and the “prairie dog“ offense, where the entire team peaks over at the sideline before each snap, watching the game triggered a certain amount of PTSD in me on Saturday. My thousand yard stare came back for a few days.

I sure liked the way CJ Carr played, though. And I think we are absolutely loaded on the defense.

I'm sure Denbrock...
by Wass  (2024-04-24 17:03:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...doesn't agree with me. But from what I've seen, the RB stable is far better than the WR stable. ND certainly doesn't have the material that OSU had at WR. It is clear ND wants a high powered passing game, but they are probably a year away (or more) from that. I just feel their personal is better suited towards a running game right now.

they probably think that they can scheme guys open
by jt  (2024-04-25 01:02:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and if the qb makes the proper pre snap read and then post snap adjustments and reads, it will all be fine.

The RBs are certainly better than the WRs
by mocopdx  (2024-04-24 17:24:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The question I have is- what will the 2024 OL do better? Run block or pass block? I ask because I don't know. Given the system, I don't think it matters. They'll focus far more on teaching pass blocking even if it's obvious they'd be a better run blocking unit with proper practice time.

That is my point
by Wass  (2024-04-24 17:32:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The OL is better suited to run blocking (at least from what little I saw) and the running backs played very well, yet they are going to be pass blocking despite a pretty mediocre WR stable (which will improve when injuries heal, Collins gets to ND, and Faison is playing). Even with the additions, the RBs are better overall than the WRs. Roujd peg, meet square hole.

I'm curious how many of his runs ended out of bounds or
by tdiddy07  (2024-04-26 08:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in slides. The faster the player, the easier to escape contact into open space that gives you time to do both--especially on a scramble. I would guess Daniels did not have to absorb as much contact as the average scrambling qb, though I certainly didn't watch them closely. I would just note that when comparing his two years versus the expected experience someone like Leonard, who I understand to be athletic but without the top-end speed that Daniels has.