Who doesn’t “blow goats” this year?
by Chicagond99 (2021-11-11 11:51:35)

So I see lots of “Team X sucks” mentions here, led by the “Cincinnati blows goats” and “ND is a shitty team” proclamations by ACross and the like. So I’m trying to figure out who doesn’t “blow goats” this year? Let’s take a look:

-there are 130 FBS teams, but all the Group of 5 teams stink, including undefeated Cincy. So we are down to the P5 + ND (65 teams)
-ND this year stinks, so make that 64
-The ACC stinks, and so does the PAC 12 (other than Oregon). So we are down to 40 teams.
-let’s also remove any other teams we beat, since we suck. Strike Purdue and Wisconsin. We are down to 38.
-obviously any sub .500 P5 teams aren’t any good, so that leaves us with 23 teams.
-remove Iowa and Michigan State because they lost to a team we beat. Miss State lost to Memphis, so they’re gone. Penn State lost to U of I. Minnesota lost to Bowling Green and U of I. We are now down to 18
-ACross and others have said Iowa State is overrated and blows goats. We are at 17.
-I think we can all agree that middling teams like KState, Texas Tech, Maryland, Tennessee, and S Carolina aren’t great. So we are at 13.
-I also think we can all agree that Georgia, Bama, Oklahoma, OSU, and Oregon don’t suck (although Oregon losing to a bad Stanford team can make that an argument).
-OK State and Baylor are pretty good, right? But you can argue that the other 6 aren’t that great - 3 losses already for Auburn, Arkansas, and UK. Michigan and Ole Miss didn’t really beat anyone. A&M lost to Miss State, who’s no good.
-In Summary, we have 7 teams that don’t blow goats, or 8 if you overlook A&M’s loss at Arkansas and home to Miss State. But it’s clear that 122 teams are bad, right?

Replies: