I could probably live with BK if he recruited like Weis
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2021-01-04 13:16:16)

In reply to: The guy at the top of my list as the next ND head coach is  posted by MrE

I'm not sure Dabo is that much better on gameday than Kelly, as we saw how far that gets you if your defense plays like ass, and your line can't protect your QB.

Kelly has built a solid program, not great, and his recruiting is his biggest deficiency. Correct that with some 5 stars like Dabo and Saban and Day are getting and I could probably live with him.

Weis' issues with recruiting seemed to be
by jt  (2021-01-04 13:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that he would hit big on certain positions and then leave other positions ignored and end up scrambling at the end.

He definitely signed some studs, but he could never put a whole team together. Plus, he is a fat assed loud mouth.

Lack of Denny's on the recruiting trail. *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2021-01-04 15:46:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Except, he would still not utilize 5 star talent on gameday
by gregmorrissey  (2021-01-04 13:28:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

5 star receiver barely sees the field this year

lost to Georgia in 2017 and gave the only guy in our backfield with "SEC talent" exactly 0 carries.

I'm sure there are similar stories on defense and plenty more on offense.

He recruits like he does partially because he's lazy and partially because he does nothing to show a 5 star recruit how they will be highlighted/excel at Notre Dame