Chiefs re-sign Chris Jones. Five years 95 million dollars. (link)
by irishhawk49 (2024-03-11 13:35:41)

Sam Darnold is still worth $10 million next year on new deal
by Nyirish08  (2024-03-12 12:17:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This expansion of the salary cap seems like the NFL is paying more than previous for backups. HE earned $4.5 million to back up Brock Purdy last year, which seems somewhat in line for a young recent ex starter turned backup.
$10 million seems crazy.

MS Surfaces are a lot more complicated than clipboards.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2024-03-12 19:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So backup QBs are being compensated accordingly.

"...worth up to $10 million". That's not the same thing.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-12 16:31:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's see what the *real* contract says.

I think its 1 year 10 mill guaranteed * *
by fourputtmd  (2024-03-12 17:30:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You could be right, but let's see what comes out after the
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-12 17:39:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

contracts are actually booked.

8.75 million guaranteed *
by jt  (2024-03-12 17:52:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and it actually looks like the remaining amount
by jt  (2024-03-13 13:26:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is for being active on gameday.

So, it's pretty much fully guaranteed with the exception of injury.

he's going to start for them, most likely *
by jt  (2024-03-12 13:52:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rockbrig will have to start cheering JJ McCarthey. *
by The Holtz Room  (2024-03-12 18:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he may be the starter
by fourputtmd  (2024-03-12 12:35:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as a hold over for whoever they draft

Well, at least someone accounted for him.
by cmhirish  (2024-03-11 23:59:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry. Too soon, Niners fans?

Like ND-OSU this year, that will hurt forever!
by Irish2003  (2024-03-12 16:21:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even with my most blue & gold glasses on, we may have run out of gas against Louisville anyway & I don't think we had the offensive consistency to win the playoff, but man it would have been great to beat OSU regardless!

As for my Niners, I think the "you have to knockout the champ" adage holds across sports, and not putting them away when we had the chance to certainly cost us in the worst way. KC's defense was criminally underrated all year, especially as even with Mahomes & Kelce, their offense didn't have that pop it did with Tyrique, and IMO both Spagnuolo & Nagy (sorry Bears friends!) fit very well as coordinators even if it didn't work for them as HCs. Like ND, we're not too far off, but that last step is going to be a long one.

Spags did a great job for the Chiefs this year. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-12 22:17:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

$95 million is reportedly the guaranteed amount, so if that
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-11 13:39:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is correct, the actual contract will actually be larger, but in reality, the guaranteed money is all the matters.

You are seeing lots of inflated contract figures thrown out there for various NFL athletes, but the guaranteed money is the most important piece. The club can cut a player anytime to dump a bad contract, which is why the guaranteed number is most important.

Interesting. It’s a huge move for the Chiefs to get him re-
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-11 14:03:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

signed.