With their first pick in the NFL draft, Jets pick fullback
by irishguard78 (2024-04-25 18:01:23)
Edited on 2024-04-25 18:08:39

Roger Vick, “oh no”……Texas A & M

The Jets select quarterback, Ken O’Brien, Cal Davis…….”everybody said if Marino was around at that time, they’d take Marino….obviously the Jets know something that the people up here don’t know.”

“we want Sapp, we want Sapp, we want Sapp”. The New York jets select tight end from Penn State, Kyle Brady.

Sorry Jets fan, but this is an every year gem….

I *
by Nitschke  (2024-04-26 08:26:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Am Spartacus. *
by Balthrop  (2024-04-26 13:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Am Iron Man *
by Queensman  (2024-04-26 14:17:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Am Superman (Iron Giant) *
by Raoul  (2024-04-26 14:48:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Am the Walrus
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-26 14:59:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Goo goo g'joob

I could be the walrus.
by milhouse  (2024-04-26 19:43:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d still have to bum rides off people.

Shut the F up, THR!
by NDBass  (2024-04-26 16:48:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

Am Brian and so is my wife *
by sprack  (2024-04-26 15:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are people who root for the Jets AND the Mets
by Wooderson  (2024-04-26 05:23:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why, I do not know.

I believe Bobbie Baccala was one of those people
by jt  (2024-04-26 17:15:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

liked train sets as well.

If you live in Queens, and your parents are not very old
by plaid_pants  (2024-04-26 13:08:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most of my elementary school friends are Mets/Jets fans because Shea Stadium was nearby and you could get tickets to see them.

I am a Yankees/Giants fan because my family were fans before the Mets and Jets even existed (Giants season ticket holders since the 1950's).

It was a huge pain for me to get to Giants and Yankee stadium on gamedays. My dad has stated that he will switch to Jets season tickets if they come back to Flushing Meadow.

In my experience, most people are either in the
by NDBob  (2024-04-26 12:09:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jets/Mets masochism camp or Giants/Yankees.

Perhaps because the Jets played at Shea for the first 20 or so years of their existence?

Also because
by DBCooper  (2024-04-26 12:15:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Giants and Yankees are considered the old NY teams generally.

I’m a rare Jets/Yankees fan.

Not a lot of us

I am also a Yankees/Jets fan
by Tommy Baseball  (2024-04-26 14:44:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, Jets "fan" because what is the point.

I'm a Giants/Mets fan
by knutesteen  (2024-04-26 14:13:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probable also rare, but for good reason. My grandfather was a baseball Giants fan, my father a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, so when both went west, they coalesced as Mets fans, as they hated the Yankees. Football Giants fan and family had season tickets from the 1950s, until the PSL at MetLife for 35 yard line, 16th row behind Giants bench seats priced them out of season ticket ownership. Knicks and Rangers. All now from Maui.

Marino and Sapp both had character issues
by bizdomer09  (2024-04-25 20:14:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clearly those issues were too much for them to overcome and find success in the NFL.

Chicago Bears chose Joe Shimko from NC State
by vermin05  (2024-04-25 18:08:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The #1 rated long snapper going into the draft. Fills a vital hole.

(This is a joke, but wouldn’t put it past the Bears front office)