Looking for the NDN employment fairy
by El Kabong (2024-04-22 10:17:18)
Edited on 2024-04-22 12:55:08

Having seen some folks able to get back on the horse job-wise via the board, I figured it was high time to see if the NDN job mojo can be of help.

No, not for me, I'm fine. This is for G26 and B25, my progeny, who have found themselves on the wrong end of layoffs in the last couple months.

As I've mentioned before, both are on the spectrum, although high-functioning. B25 has had a health issue or two since his layoff that has set his job search back a bit, but he's back at it now. G26 never lost her house- and pet-sitting contacts, so she's been able to gig-economy her way along since her layoff, but something a little more stable would be welcome.

I know some NDN folks have been very helpful to them these past few months, and that help remains greatly appreciated.

G26's previous job was in Development office at our local university. She did a lot of database managing, bookkeeping, keeping stock of supplies, organizing files, designing invitations, and calling constituents/sponsors. She majored in English/Creative Writing in school, and also did work covering events for the school (pictures and write-ups). Loves volunteering and animals.

B25's previous job was as a programmer for a large consulting company, and he's looking for something in the tech space. He's done a lot with Python, C#, Java, and SQL, along with some .Net work. He excels in environments that are well-structured. While remote work would be easiest for him at the moment as he works his way back into the workforce, on-site is fine for him as well.

I believe both would be open to relocation outside of Chicago, but given their overall situations, it's something we'd need to think about.

If any of these seem applicable, please hit the Contact Ops link or respond here. Appreciativeness in advance, naturally.

Replies: