Reality is going to strike hard.
by EricCartman (2024-04-21 13:44:22)

In reply to: An article that will make airborne's head explode  posted by lurker

But Sole-Smith is committed to her stance. At her last checkup, her blood work showed high cholesterol for the first time, and her doctor suggested she limit saturated fats and start baking cookies with margarine. She’s waiting to see her results “in a year when I’m not launching a book and getting divorced,” she said, with a small laugh. If her cholesterol warrants medication at her next visit, “then great. Medication,” she said. “But no. I will not pursue intentional weight loss to manage a cholesterol level.” As she sees it, the risks to her mental health by restricting her diet outweigh whatever other benefit she might gain.

What a moron doctor. Margarine is horrible
by airborneirish  (2024-04-21 14:23:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Andy having a dr in front of your name doesn’t immunize you from bad advice. Med mal wouldn’t exist if that were the case. This is a perfect example. Margarine is straight up fucking poison.

I'm guessing the doctor
by AquinasDomer  (2024-04-21 17:42:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is familiar with her and is trying to fund something she might do. Kind of lick a doctor dealing with an opioid addiction who has no interest in quitting might advise them on using safe needles or avoiding fentanyl.

The thinking being that she'll have more time to snap out of this bizarre midlife crisis before she croaks from a heart attack if they can get her cholesterol in a better place.

Or she made that up. *
by beancounter  (2024-04-22 17:44:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swapping one calorie dense flavorer
by airborneirish  (2024-04-22 16:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For another that has been known to be carcinogenic when it was laden with trans fats strikes me as malpractice.

Butter per 100 g and margarine per 100 g are both 717 calories

Butter has 51 g of saturated fat vs 15 g for margarine

On a calories in and out basis they’re the same thing. This fucking about the margins is how people don’t lose fat and give up.

Eating her feelings sounds like a great way to improve her
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-21 13:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mental health.

I’m out of Dove Dark Chocolate.
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-21 14:48:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And if they have the older bags vs the newer design at the store, get the older one!

Those bastards at corporate cut the amount in the bag and kept the price the same.

#makechocolategreatagain

The only proper eat your feelings candy is Mike & Ikes.
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-21 16:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You’re in luck!

Mike & Ike’s? Who hurt you? *
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-21 18:20:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yo, don't slander those.
by Wooderson  (2024-04-22 08:54:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are legit, and you don't crush a box since your molars get glued together for three hours.

Now, Good'n'Plenty, I'll get the pitchforks if you get the torches.

I saw your deleted response in the loan thread. You should
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-22 09:33:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not have deleted. It was A+ (chuckle)

One might call it... a 10? *
by Wooderson  (2024-04-22 20:05:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You were spot on and I died laughing! *
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-23 00:22:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post