Orioles sale approved
by Cartwright (2024-03-27 12:39:19)

Let’s fucking go.

It will be interesting where the payroll will go
by BmoreIrish  (2024-03-27 15:12:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't want us to start throwing money around only to be in a hole. However, it sure feels like we could afford to be around league average in terms of payroll.

We've got a pretty obvious 4-6 year window right now and new ownership is coming in at the right time. Priority #1 is let Mike Elias do his job and pay him whatever he wants.

Hoping an All-Star Game announcement is forthcoming
by Cartwright  (2024-03-27 15:54:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were seemingly never gonna get another one as long as Members of the Angelos Family were in charge.

No doubt
by bmoreirish  (2024-03-27 16:17:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would think it will happen in short order given that we are now over 30 years since the last one. I feel old writing that, but I hope I have aged as well as Camden Yards has.

I saw something the other day that floored me
by Cartwright  (2024-03-27 16:21:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the 33rd season at Camden Yards, so in five years they will have played there as long as they played at Memorial Stadium.