Current leader in the clubhouse is the Twin Cities
by DakotaDomer (2024-01-02 13:30:39)

In reply to: Do we have a candidate city to house the HoSM?  posted by SixShutouts66

The drought between major sports championships stands at 120 seasons..give or take

San Diego has zero championships in any sport aside
by voidoid  (2024-01-02 13:37:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from indoor soccer*, and three of our four major franchises have skipped town entirely: the Chargers in the NFL and the Rockets and Clippers in the NBA.

* the San Diego Sockers absolutely dominated the NASL/MISL, winning ten championships in eleven seasons from 1982 to 1992.

The HoSM might also skip town if we select
by SixShutouts66  (2024-01-06 23:36:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

San Diego.

But the weather is so pleasant! *
by voidoid  (2024-01-07 20:37:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe Spanos will hire Swarbrick as his next GM *
by Jvan  (2024-01-02 19:29:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They certainly deserve each other. *
by voidoid  (2024-01-02 19:45:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's not sustained then
by DakotaDomer  (2024-01-02 13:50:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's no one around to still be mediocre

And the number of seasons of mediocrity isn't as high

47 SD Chargers seasons
54 SD Padres seasons
4 SD Rockets seasons
6 SD Clippers seasons

111 seasons

Minnesota has spent 32 years in the darkness with 4 teams playing the 4 sports almost (7 years without hockey) every season. That's 120 straight seasons ending without a trophy/parade/etc

I don't believe they even have a conference/league title in those 32 years to celebrate. If you remove the Twins 2 titles in 4 years you have to go all the way back to the Minnesota Lakers in the mid-50s. That team was far too successful to stick in Minnesota and rightly headed to Hollywood.

This site gives MSP (118 seasons) a slim "win" over Buffalo
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-01-02 15:26:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(117 seasons).

I had no idea New York City was 4th on the list.

Wow, there's an internet search for everything
by DakotaDomer  (2024-01-02 16:48:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've hand calculated that number several times for no reason I guess.