OH MY GOD! THE RED WINGS ARE HAVING A FIRE
by captaineclectic (2017-03-01 12:35:00)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

sale.

EVACUATE ALL THE SCHOOLCHILDREN!

Where else can you stock up for your playoff run with guys like Steve Ott, the human version of Kup from Transformers the Movie, Brendan Smith, a 28-year old adult child, and Thomas Vanek, the guy who is good in the regular season and sucks in the playoffs?

THIS ISN'T A FEVER!

Whoops, maybe I spoke too soon. I understand we're done for the day, there being oddly no buyers even at discount prices for (former Domer) Riley Sheahan, who leads in the NHL in shots taken without a goal this year (by a LOT) or Justin "Afrogator" Abdelkader, whose only offensive talent hopped a plane for St. Petersburg last summer.

Sure sending the old barn out in style.

No tears shed for Tomáš Jurčo? *
by Otis  (2017-03-01 17:07:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like Jurco and I like the deal.
by captaineclectic  (2017-03-01 17:34:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The biggest reason Tomas didn't work out in Detroit is Tomas, but he was not helped by Babcock's attempts at tough love in 2014-15, and never found his footing with Blashill, either. It's hard to conceive of why a team struggling for goals would play Luke Glendening, Riley Sheahan, and Justin Abdelkader with skilled linemates while insisting that Jurco, when he plays, play a grinder's role.

I hope he puts it together in Chicago, which is a great place to land, and I'm glad Holland got a 3rd rounder for the guy.

Sh*ttier homegrown franchise core?
by KevinG  (2017-03-01 14:36:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ken Holland's mid-2010s Red Wings, featuring Nyquist, Tatar, DeKeyser, Sheahan, Smith, Abdelkader, Ericsson, etc.

or

Randy Smith's late-1990s / early 2000s Tigers, featuring Tony Clark, Bob Higginson, Damien Easley, Deivi Cruz, Juan Encarnacion, Jeff Weaver, etc.

Strangest thing I've ever found in a Chicago alley...
by CMillar  (2017-03-02 10:58:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...piles of human shit? Used hypodermic needles? Priceless art casually thrown away?

Nope. About four years ago I was casually strolling through my far north side alley only to stumble upon a mint condition 1998 Tony Clark Detroit Tigers baseball card, laying there all by itself. It had just rained, yet it was pristine.

Strange days.

I'm a huge Tigers fan and forgot half those guys existed *
by athlete37  (2017-03-01 23:57:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately the memories are all too painful for me *
by KevinG  (2017-03-02 10:44:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.