It's absurd, in my mind.
by PeteatND (2017-03-31 08:21:38)

In reply to: FIFA has allocated the 48 slots for '26 World Cup  posted by plaid_pants

The tournament would now include every decent team in the world, and some pretty dogshit ones, too.

Why the fuck does Asia deserve 8 fucking spots? UAE and Qatar would actually qualify? And 9 teams for Africa means any team with a pulse would get in every single time.

The only confederation with any semblance of competition in qualifying would be UEFA and CONMEBOL.

It dilutes the game.
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-31 13:22:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But this is what happens when you don't restrict determination of how the game's structure is to be run to the teams/programs that actually generate the real interest and enthusiasm.

It's the same problem with college football. A bunch of shit programs want to eat at the big boys table in the name of equity even though they don't bring anything to the table. At least in college football, the big boys most made voting rules that were in their favor, and were willing to leave if things ever got too bad.

Perhaps the small fish should be careful what they wish for.
by PeteatND  (2017-03-31 13:39:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Emirs might change their tune after being subjected to repeated 8-0 butt-plunderings.

I hope the US gets a shot at some of those assholes in 2022 (Qatar in this case) or 2026, with an even stronger team than we have now, and that we run it up. Really run it up.

I'm sure if we get assigned some of those teams, then we'll
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-31 13:44:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

see this guy get pulled out of retirement and assigned to us:

Who is that? *
by Slotts  (2017-03-31 22:47:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ref from the USA-Slovenia WC match (link)
by SavageDragon  (2017-04-01 14:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

money money money money money
by wcnitz  (2017-03-31 09:05:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money.

Sorry, I mean it's to 'grow the game'.