Tex's tautology
by Nigeltufnel (2016-10-28 12:51:21)
Edited on 2016-10-28 13:15:03

In reply to: You have to separate process from results  posted by Tex Francisco

"If your process will yield a more experienced and successful coach you would end up with a more experienced coach that has experienced success in the past." Incontrovertible. Also, Nobody doubts that having an unbroken history of success at every coaching stop and including at the national level is a desirable trait in a perspective coach.

In this case and as one that followed this hire closely, I don't know of one coach meeting your criteria that was interested or available. In truth, Randy Waldrum's resume was nothing great when he was handed the keys to this team and they took some serious steps backwards before winning the title in 2005. These are hard positions to fill. Same in lacrosse where Halfpenny has been in the crosshairs from the jump. They waited 6 plus weeks to fill this position (Randy retired before new years and the position wasn't filled by signing day) approaching a number of candidates.

Every time I ask you to suggest an alternative coach to this hire, your answer is the same "I don't have to give you one to know that the [6 plus week) process is flawed as it yielded a coach with limited track record that was otherwise unimpressive" I think it does not follow that the "process" must be flawed given the lack of an experienced coach that it yielded when no coach meeting your criteria was available. That said, if your point is that a desirable trait in a prospective coach generally is an impressive background and history of success nobody would disagree. I would however, point out that the point is inaposite in the case of this soccer hire and also women's lacrosse