I lived in Keough
by wackybasilisk (2005-12-15 11:14:55)

In reply to: Absolutely. One story.  posted by Czeche

for the first three years of school (2000-03), and I lived among such athletes as Shane Walton, Ivan Kartelo ("F#*$ Brey" was his battle cry), etc.

I played video games with Walton sometimes. He beat me at football (go figure), but I kicked his ass at VirtuaTennis. Ha.

Ivan eh?
by NDChavez  (2005-12-15 11:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good times. I remember telling him, "Serbs, Croats, what's the difference?" He wasn't a Stojakovic fan.

But I kicked your ass at Virtua Tennis. And beat Walton at football.
by KeoughCharles05  (2005-12-15 11:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So there.

I knew Ivan at Purdue, I was good friends with his girlfriend. He
by Jeash  (2005-12-15 11:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seemed like a good guy but you learned not to say anything funny around him. He would start laughing and either punch you in the shoulder or slap you on the back.

Man, do me and wackybasilisk have some good stories about him
by Steedle  (2005-12-15 11:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wrote and printed out warrants granting him the right to search freshman rooms and confiscate snack food (long list on warrant) when he was drunk. And then there was the time he broke the exit sign, which we rigged back into the ceiling with a box of apple juice and a friendship bracelet. I would argue that his battle cry was actually "FRESHMAN BITCHES", despite was wackybasilisk said. He wasn't a terribly good influence on another 7' European that lived in the dorm, either.

Ahh the Dutchman
by KeoughCharles05  (2005-12-15 11:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And his tricycle.

What's cooler than ice cold?
Tom Timmermans

If I knew he was coming over to drink with Betsy I would hide the food
by Jeash  (2005-12-15 11:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and snacks. He would clean me out of house and home, and what was I going to do? I'm 5'8 190 pounds.

One other story.

He was drinking at my friend's apartment and went to the bathroom. He ended up smacking his head on the entrance to the bathroom, got pissed off and punched a hole in the closet door next to the bathroom. With his fist still in the door he yelled out "uh oh I broke your door".

Nice. That definitely sounds like Kartelo. *
by Steedle  (2005-12-15 11:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post