Jeff Jackson's future with Notre Dame.
by wearendhockey (2024-03-10 21:15:22)

I don't mean to post a thread where we discuss the relative merits of the current coaching regime versus any changes that might come. Most people who post here have chimed in throughout the season about what they think might be the best move for the program, me especially. I am just wondering what folks think. Will our head coach be back next season or not?

I have a gut feeling he won't be. This is based on a lot of things. Some of the comments he's made about the current state of the game over the last couple of seasons, some of his demeanor, truthfully some of what he said following the loss last night. It has always been hard to read Jackson's emotions because he doesn't frequently let them show. His reactions following Calle Ridderwall's and Jake Evan's goals in the 2008 and 2018 FFs were the ultimate poker face. But to me there's just... something, some difficult to describe vibes I get from his behavior. And I am probably dead wrong.

Whether or not you hope for a change now, or hope Jackson returns for another season to try to turn things around, or hope he stays for another 5 or 10 seasons, I am just curious as to what folks THINK will happen.

Replies: