First, thank you. But wait. :) There’s so much more…
by MBOIrish (2024-04-11 11:27:30)
Edited on 2024-04-11 11:32:45

In reply to: Of all the profiles I've read here, yours is  posted by SWPaDem

Borrowed $125,000 on a home equity loan to gain 20% of Revere Copper’s equity and a year later used that equity to borrow $56 million to acquire 100% of stock. Then gave 25% of common stock to employees making them employee-owners. My book is at 110,000 words and I need to finish it but stopped when my first wife passed away
Second, OJ seemed to me to be just like any of the other football players I knew at ND or USC. He was close with his offensive linemen. Indeed, it was Mike Taylor that first checked out my apartment and told OJ I was moving out and OJ should check it out.There was no inclination when he was young to assume anything would happen like that tragedy or subsequent events. Although when I watched his parole hearing on national tv, his speech and mannerisms were the same as when he was at USC.
Third, Leslie Loaf called me once to ask me to get Meat out of the house for at least six hours as she was planning a surprise birthday party for him. So I set up golf for us at Longshore CC in Westport, CT. As we finished, pretended to call my home and then told Meat that another course that Meat wanted to play but we never got on before had called to say we were set to tee off there in 30 minutes. Did that because if I told Meat that I had a tee time there earlier that he might suggest we only play that course and he wouldn’t be out of his house long enough for Leslie to set things up. After we finished 36 holes, Meat headed home and I waited a few minutes then followed him home. My wife was already there for quite the surprise party. That summer I may have spent more time with Meat than anyone except Leslie and his two daughters. Meat was a great guy.