Do you expect him to lay waste to his predecessor a week
by dignan (2024-04-04 10:19:57)

In reply to: Why didnt you bold where he gave tribute to his patron?  posted by ACross

After taking the job? Especially after working alongside him for the last 6 months. There’s still politics at play here, and I would expect that even if Bevacqua absolutely loathes Jack and hates him like you do, he’s still going to say nice things about him in public. I’m fine with that.

The stuff about wanting/needing a national title soon sure beats the shit out of “Our goal is to be in the conversation….”. Talk is cheap, so we’ll see what his actions are, but it’s refreshing.

Not to mention that Jack will probably linger around
by garbageplate  (2024-04-04 11:26:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bevacqua's life will be easier by being diplomatic and keeping his true feelings, whatever they are, private.

I hope he doesn't linger longer. *
by SWPaDem  (2024-04-05 07:59:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope that he eats shit and dies
by jt  (2024-04-05 15:19:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the figurative sense, of course.

We all want him gone immediately and forever
by garbageplate  (2024-04-05 10:45:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he's not going to grant us that parting gift.

Oh my ass
by ACross  (2024-04-04 12:42:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bevacqua could move his office to the basement and take his red stapler. What is Jack going to do about it?

chuckle *
by eddysorin  (2024-04-05 10:59:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not fear of retribution
by garbageplate  (2024-04-04 13:43:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's about choosing one's battles and avoiding needless conflict. I'm not sure that's ever been your strong suit.

Nobody is asking him to say
by ACross  (2024-04-04 14:34:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I want to win a NC like many alumni, except for my predecessor and those Kellyloving sizzlechests on TPG.

But then we wouldn't have your fascinating exegesis *
by garbageplate  (2024-04-04 15:09:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

* ~ "Fascinating Exegesis Bro" to the RHG ~ *
by Jess  (2024-04-05 10:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Completely agree. It's foolish to do anything but praise him
by dulac89  (2024-04-04 10:54:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The more that he praises Jack and "cements" his legacy as a great leader, the more likely Jack fades away feeling that his work is complete

I've taken over from some pretty incompetent assholes but you'd never know that from my speech I gave about them. And everyone else in the audience knows too. Let the guy go away thinking he was great and disappear from my life.

If you are almost immediately, even subtly, criticizing your predecessor, the more likely they are to want to respond or stay involved. This is basic leadership politics.