I thought the players took classes during summer workouts?
by Hickster (2024-02-25 13:12:52)

I read in an article, that the new players coming in for Fall practice didn't have to worry about taking classes. I always thought the players took classes during the summer when they came back for workouts and preseason practice.

Not the way Charles Jefferson did it *
by MR_IRISH  (2024-02-26 12:42:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they were like me...
by Porpoiseboy  (2024-02-25 18:52:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

then they would have no class.

Hey, you’ve got Class!
by Stonebreaker9  (2024-02-25 23:49:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mammalia.

I love a good Biology joke.
by PWK2  (2024-02-26 13:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always remember: King Phillip Cooks Oysters For Girl Scouts.

Summer class are usually done by Mid-July.
by OITLinebacker  (2024-02-25 14:43:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It depends on which classes too. Most summer courses run from early June to the end of July.

Maybe they were comparing the credits to early enrollees?
by revressbo  (2024-02-25 14:26:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As far as I’m aware, the undergrad players take courses during the summer, but it’s a lighter load (that’s for all undergrad players). Early enrollees for spring practice though would be taking a heavier load this semester, but then a lighter load over summer, just like the June enrollees.

Also, if there are any grad transfers coming in after spring ball, it’s possible they might not need to take any courses during the summer, only during the fall to stay eligible. Perhaps that’s what the article was referring to?

Third option: The article’s just incorrect.

Thanks OITLinebacker & revessbo for responding *
by Hickster  (2024-02-25 18:54:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post