The whole thing is making me ill
by doghoused (2020-05-06 20:08:01)

In reply to: Did Kelly agree to give back a portion of his salary or not?  posted by ACross

Look, I appreciate these guys and women, whomever they might be, taking a pay cut for their work at ND. It is admirable.

But, the truth of the matter is that Notre Dame has $11 billion in its endowment, turned away $6MM from the federal government, and as of now, the invoices for next year's tuition in the IrishPay system for current students are showing a 3.5% increase for 2020-2021. This comes after the current students missed 2 months at ND. Given the farce of trying to compare the ND experience with this semester's online experience, it's despicable that the University is not going to cut the current students a tuition break on last semester or on a go-forward basis. I find the posturing by University officials on the money topic to be offputting, to say the least. Don't gloat in your athletic department's willingness to cut its mammoth salaries unless it has real meaning and you as a University are willing to make similar sacrifices. Pushing things off on the current students and their families is not the right answer.

Replies: