How are you "pretty sure?"
by Papa November (2018-12-28 14:12:36)

In reply to: Clemson? Pretty sure they did. Swinney probably not  posted by DakotaDomer

The far most likely scenario is that one of these guys caught wind of either this particular compound or of the presence of research chemical sites in general. He showed it to another lineman or two, they read about it on a variety of forums, saw that it can promote muscle and strength gains despite not being a steroid, couldn't believe you could just order this stuff and have it delivered to your door, and did exactly that without bothering to check if it was a banned substance. Maybe the word spread among the linemen, and a few other guys decided to get in on it.

I would not be surprised if the three linemen who tested positive were the only linemen tested. If the rest of the linemen were follow-up tested, I would not be surprised to see most of them test positive.

Athletic trainers work 12-16 hour days taping ankles, coordinating rehab, ensuring the needs of the players are met during practices, etc. They do not have the time or expertise to keep up to speed on research chemicals. Maybe a strength coach would. But I've known some meat head strength coaches in my day, and not one of them would have been stupid enough to be involved in handing banned substances to players. Same for the medical staff.

Replies: