Their fight song is pretty bad, but nothing is worse...
by BeastOfBourbon (2018-10-18 12:57:20)

In reply to: Interesting stuff - I wasn't aware of pre Daugherty history  posted by ndhouston

than Miami’s fight song or Penn State”s. Miami’s is a disjointed mess, while Penn State’s is more suited to accompanying clowns at a circus.

That PSU tune is a bit circus-like
by ndtnguy  (2018-10-18 15:46:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Miami's main problem is that there isn't anything to it: it's just the same few bars repeated a few times.

I agree that FSU's is pretty bad.

The MSU one strikes me as just a fairly ordinary early-twentieth-century fight song melody. Not on par with ours or Texas A&M's, but not an epochal affront to music.

Add Florida State's to that sorry mix as well *
by sprack  (2018-10-18 13:16:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FSU's is almost Wagnerian compared to Miami's
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-10-18 14:06:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PSU's is dumb and clownish, but not especially annoying. FSU's is nothing special either way. Of course, there's a special place in hell for their infernal tomahawk chop.