Just got screwed over by Expedia - looking for suggestions
by sluredandstumbly (2012-12-28 14:40:07)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I reserved 2 rooms at the Hyatt Coral Gables (for the BCS game) for $206/night on November 20th. Credit card was billed for the full amount on that day. Today I get an e-mail saying that the Hyatt "did not accept my reservation", and that Expedia would "try to find me suitable alternate accomodations". I am on hold with Expedia right now (17 minutes & counting), and I am livid. Other than "get drunk & confront them" (which I haven't ruled out), any suggestions?

Thanks to all for the helpful comments
by sluredandstumbly  (2012-12-28 17:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After several hours Expedia found me two rooms at the JW Marriott in Miami. They are covering the difference (Marriott rooms are about $150/nite more expensive than the Hyatt), and they gave me a $100 voucher good for one year. All's well that ends well.

That's definitely an upgrade. *
by dulac89  (2012-12-29 23:50:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same thing happened to two friends
by TexasDomer  (2012-12-28 17:46:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After four days of back and forth with Expedia, multiple calls, multiple hours on the phone and Expedia trying to book them in West Palm Beach, they were able to get Expedia to get them into a South Beach hotel (at the Hyatt rate) and a credit for a future Expedia booking. Good luck!

My friend has an extra room but it's $450 per night...
by ndgenius  (2012-12-28 16:48:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you're interested reply to this message but that's an ungodly rate. It's at the Shore Club South Beach so it's probably really fancy.

Holiday Inn Express in Pembroke Pines may still have rooms
by Winter Celtic (click here to email the poster)  (2012-12-28 16:16:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Email me if you're interested and I'll share a corporate discount code.

If you can't find any reasonable rooms, email me *
by irishnyer (click here to email the poster)  (2012-12-28 15:45:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will they cover the price difference if you book
by Bruno95  (2012-12-28 15:04:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

something else on your own?

Given that Kayak and Expedia have nothing for close to this amount, see if they'll cover you for the price difference if you book one of the rooms ND has blocked at the Intercontinental Miami. That's $469/night.

But hurry -- the suites they had blocked are already booked.

Do you have a confirmation number from the hotel?
by Papa Burgundy  (2012-12-28 14:53:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If not, you might be without a paddle.

Call CNN and tell them a sob story *
by undfan211  (2012-12-28 14:43:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or tell consumerist.com your story *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2012-12-28 15:04:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.