Got an email about ND Day asking me to donate to Fisher Hall
by 105Marquette (2024-04-18 09:59:31)

I am genuinely confused why donations are requested for a dorm that's going to be a pile of rubble in a couple months.

Rubble is not going to remove itself! * *
by DakotaDomer  (2024-04-18 22:11:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Barney Rubble, what an actor! *
by irishnyer  (2024-04-19 09:51:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did Potawatomi’s also get an email for their teepees? *
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-18 19:07:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We got one for our daughter’s current dorm. *
by ND8486  (2024-04-18 16:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND sure loves to hit up the parents *
by Raoul  (2024-04-18 17:44:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do older alums get 3-4 of these based on where they lived? *
by Raoul  (2024-04-18 14:03:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should donate to the closest dorm that will
by sprack  (2024-04-18 11:30:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

remain standing after the demolition. It will be a fitting memorial.

received one for Pangborn Hall ...
by irishnc92  (2024-04-18 11:07:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My understanding of the message was that the funds would transfer with the current residents as they move into a new dorm on East quad. Whereas when Pangborn transitioned to a female dorm in 1992, the male residents were scattered to the winds ....

Probably the more important question, is what should we be funding with our donations? I've decided to no longer donate directly to the Notre Dame with unrestricted funds (even if just to get access to the ticket lottery), but rather to donate to very specific clubs and causes. Even then, I'm not sure "dorm life" is something to support.

Postscript: If there's one good thing in any of this, its that the hideous F will no longer be on campus.

Pamgborn!
by 512  (2024-04-18 11:35:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just curious. Did you get the email for the farewell to Pangborn?

Yes - will be making a daytrip for it
by irishnc92  (2024-04-18 12:30:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What I like about that is that it is an organic activity by the community for the community. I've become dismayed by football weekends (and all of the associated costs). Reunions don't seem as good value as the first few I remember receiving details about. I also have a former roommate who works for the university, so it will be good to see him and his family.

Who is Mr. Fisher H? *
by coloraDomer  (2024-04-18 10:55:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got one for Howard Hall *
by NDFlyer  (2024-04-18 10:54:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Zahm emails?
by SteveM  (2024-04-18 10:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would be interesting.

I got one last year. I have a feeling my response may have
by akaRonMexico  (2024-04-18 10:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

contributed to why they didn't send anymore.

Did your response include a Greek cruise night? *
by SWPaDem  (2024-04-18 13:00:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Similarly, I received one about Grace Hall
by buffaloirish  (2024-04-18 10:13:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The place has already been converted to administrative offices, and is in line for the wrecking ball.

Better still, the sender of the email was my daughter, who is a sophomore.

Are they going to tear down Grace? I hadn't heard that. *
by JTAD31  (2024-04-18 10:29:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Aren't they just moving all together into the new dorm?
by Jojo98  (2024-04-18 10:10:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My daughter is in Flaherty, which was where the Pangborn community moved around 2018. They have a lot of the old pangborn memorabilia like old class pictures on their walls and things. I assume Fisher would be similar that they will take a lot of their traditions and personality to their new dorm.

And just to add
by Jojo98  (2024-04-18 10:25:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think ND day is one of the best ways to give money that goes directly to student experience.

And yet, they’re building a $ billion football facility
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-18 10:05:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Total bull shit

I thought the same thing when I got mine.
by ChicagoWave03  (2024-04-18 10:04:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure the University would happily repurpose the funds donated to the rubble pile.