Speaking of disasters: Pittsburgh
by ravenium (2024-04-16 14:40:05)
Edited on 2024-04-16 14:40:31

(not their O line either)

Buddy of mine was close to having to convert his house into a boat. Anyone else doing ok over there?

Thought this post was going to be about Coach Pat Narduzzi
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-17 11:31:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Note to self - drink more, post less

You mean the knucklehead? *
by SWPaDem  (2024-04-17 18:36:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yet here I am where 5 Guys fries are lauded on the regular.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-17 12:27:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even though they’re soggy pieces of crap.

I should say that I’m not talking about the board, but Northern Indiana in general.

Five Guys fries are a great illustration of why
by sprack  (2024-04-17 14:35:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fries made from uncured potatoes suck. They’re gummy and soggy.

Their hamburgers are quite good. Their fries are terrible.

Primanti's sandwiches *
by irishnyer  (2024-04-16 15:33:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Indeed. French fries on a sandwich - I wonder why no one has
by sprack  (2024-04-17 10:51:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

copied that?

It adds nothing to the sandwich and ruins the french fries.

Right back at 'ya.
by ArasEra  (2024-04-17 13:11:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To each his own but that deep dish casserole they call Chicago style pizza and that overloaded hot dog they call a Chicago dog are a disgrace.

deep dish is tourist pizza
by El capitan  (2024-04-17 16:23:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go to Peaquod's and give tavern style a shot.

Say what you will about the pizza, but you can’t be serious
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-17 14:34:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about the Chicago Dog.

It’s a masterpiece!

Here's some bad news that really sets people off...
by ArasEra  (2024-04-17 15:59:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not only do I dislike the Chicago dog ("and all it's works and pomps"), but I put KETCHUP (preferably Heinz) on my dogs.

Or one with sauerkraut or one with cheese. Rarely chili. Never mix any of them.

ketchup belongs on hot dogs
by El capitan  (2024-04-17 16:22:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and I'm tired of pretending it doesn't.

ketchup catsup (link)
by tmr779  (2024-04-17 21:46:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As I understand it
by SteveM  (2024-04-17 16:35:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NOT including ketchup on a hotdog around Mobile, AL gets the same response as including it on a hotdog gets in Chicago.

Personally, to bridge the gap, if the hotdog is of good quality, all you need is mustard. However, Oscar Meyer is simply a vehicle for condiments: cheese, ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, etc.

Interesting. Never heard that before.
by MobileIrish  (2024-04-17 20:24:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, there are a lot of things to enjoy here before moving to hot dogs.

Agree
by SteveM  (2024-04-17 21:12:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you are getting hotdogs in Mobile, you have problems.

There was an article about the Dew Drop Inn in Mobile and their hotdogs, a while back and they mentioned ketchup on hotdogs was the default preparation in southern Alabama.

Judging your behavior by what’s normal in Alabama…
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-17 19:49:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

…isn’t any way to go through life son.

Sauerkraut on a hotdog.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-17 16:14:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s pure Western Pa right there.

It’s a piece alright. *
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-17 15:11:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I eat deep dish pizza once every year and a half
by sprack  (2024-04-17 14:32:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I’m not in disagreement. I had some last month so that’ll tide me over until almost 2026.

But man, I’ll fight you over denigrating the Great Chicago hotdog, oh yes, yes I will. Name a place, I’ll even go to all da way over ere in dahntahn Pixburgh, ‘n ‘at.

Someone sent us two frozen Giordano's
by SteveM  (2024-04-17 16:37:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If nothing else, I am interested in trying something that even vaguely approaches an authentic version.

(And you are free to respond denying that it even does that.)

There was chance we could compromise.
by ArasEra  (2024-04-17 16:09:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was a hot dog shop in the Oakland section of PGH since I was a wee type that's now closed.

We could have met there and you could've ordered a Chicago dog while I could've ordered whatever I wanted on mine. And the fries were great, not soggy and a single order was numerous - the two of us would have a hard time eating all of them.

An epicurean delight.

Ara knows Italian martial arts
by Molly Maguires  (2024-04-17 15:02:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hold you down while he kicks you in the gut.

Then we steal your oranges.

And just like that I hate you. *
by ArasEra  (2024-04-16 21:01:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This thread tells us who needs to try a new sandwich
by Molly Maguires  (2024-04-17 11:22:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

made of knuckles.

The gall.

what's your favorite part of Primanti's bros?
by El capitan  (2024-04-17 10:53:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it the soggy fries, the Oscar Meyer reject quality meat, or the Wonderbread?

All of it except it's Mancini's Italian bread and not
by ArasEra  (2024-04-17 13:16:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonderbread. You forgot the provolone, sliced tomato, and coleslaw. I add my own Heinz ketchup.

Hey, what about Stagno's Bakery?
by SWPaDem  (2024-04-17 18:32:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I imagine Greeks can make bread too. Unleavened for sure.

I was keen to see this response. *
by irishnyer  (2024-04-16 21:44:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You take that back and you take it back right now. *
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-16 15:44:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would kill a man for a Primanti's
by ravenium  (2024-04-16 18:17:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can someone deliver to Cleveland? I'm only here this week.

"Panini's" is the Cleveland version
by OrangeJubilee  (2024-04-17 11:56:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty much same thing (not my style) been aroudn cleveland for years.

Looks similar to the melt
by ravenium  (2024-04-17 12:13:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I knew better than to not find lunch until now...hrm...

I’m tying to talk the family into Kennywood this summer.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-16 21:07:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I might pack some in dry ice to bring home if we go.

You could get them shipped to you (link)
by bphweather  (2024-04-16 21:50:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While I do enjoy a primanti’s sandwich I can understand the dislike and the love. I’m also fortunate or unfortunate based on your take on the sandwich to have a location less than a mile from me.

They have 2 locations in Ohio Boardman and Niles both are
by bphweather  (2024-04-16 18:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

About an hour and 15 minute drive from Cleveland.

If only a fish could save it *
by airborneirish  (2024-04-16 15:32:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fouls. free throws. *
by mintirish  (2024-04-16 15:42:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm doing OK
by bphweather  (2024-04-16 14:57:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fortunately, I just had a little water in my basement, not bad at all. First time this has happened. My neighbors were not so lucky, the street a couple blocks down from me was evacuated Thursday night, many basements flooded. A coworker's husband's business was destroyed by the floods.

I play in a golf league, the course is closed until further notice from the flooding.

More rain tomorrow, with ground already saturated, it will mostly be all runoff.

I agree
by Molly Maguires  (2024-04-16 14:48:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Penguins powerplay is a catastrophe.