The pork butt is on the smoker.
by Kali4niaND (2023-07-02 09:52:34)

Sat in the fridge for 24 hours in a semi-Mojo orange/pineapple juice, soy sauce, Frank's Hot Sauce, brown sugar, cumin and Lane's Cubano seasoning marinade.

On the Kamado Joe Big Joe at 225 with a couple of nice size peach wood chunks.

My wife and I are looking at a pool day with our eldest son and his girlfriend. She's got a pitcher of homemade sangria in the fridge. I've got Stone Buenaveza and Boston Lager on tap. Pulled pork tacos with homemade guacamole, here we come.

What's cooking with you?

The chair is against the wall. *
by Inigomontoya  (2023-07-02 18:22:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John has a long moustache *
by ravenium  (2023-07-02 19:02:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor *
by sprack  (2023-07-03 07:32:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel *
by Father Nieuwland  (2023-07-03 09:55:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You may fire when ready Gridley *
by Frank Drebin  (2023-07-03 10:46:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Italian beef in the crockpot.
by BottleofRed  (2023-07-02 16:46:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is what happens when I'm in charge of cooking meat. My husband is still at a baseball tournament with B15. We're not entirely sure when they'll get home and we have flight tomorrow morning at 5:25. I wasn't making anything complicated.

Frozen prime rib in the microwave
by Final_Flanner  (2023-07-02 15:08:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mix in with some gas station sushi for some surf and turf.

Two spatchcocks on the smoker.
by Wooderson  (2023-07-02 13:57:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Light dry rub, food for days. Got some native corn for foil wrapping and salt/butter, bout to toss me hijos in the pool.

You can put the corn right on the grill
by pmcdnd96  (2023-07-03 12:03:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When the husks are black, the corn is done.

It's super easy to strip the corn husks after it's cooked but they are hot AF. I have insulated rubber gloves I bought for removing pork butts or brisket from the smoker that I use to handle the corn.

I got those gloves too.
by Wooderson  (2023-07-03 14:40:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Corn was already shucked when the wife picked it up.

I do like the straight flame cook.

Is that in contrast to that foreign corn? *
by 3rdSt  (2023-07-02 17:50:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

New England Maize.
by Wooderson  (2023-07-03 08:40:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The sweet stuff you can get around the LI Sound region.

Yes, Long Islanders, I just gave you propers.

But for real, it's not that Monsanto feed corn you got out that way, it's dappled and tasty.

Wrap it in a foil with some butter and salt and pepper, and just let it cook for a bit on the top level of the grill, it's a treasure.

What you are describing is sweet corn which is a
by Jeash  (2023-07-03 11:33:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

completely different type of corn than the no 2 yellow corn used by feed. A good chunk of the sweet corn is now GMO because you don't want to spray it ear worms. If you are eating non gmo sweet corn, it has been sprayed with some form of insecticide.

Tell me more.
by Wooderson  (2023-07-03 14:41:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, we wash it before cooking, soooo… we’re ok?

Yeah, you should be good. If they spray, it won't get down
by Jeash  (2023-07-03 16:46:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

into the husk. Plus, they have to abide by the withdrawal period on the label. Most of the food you by in the store has at least hit with fungicide or pesticides. If we wouldn't use those things the produce aisle would look a lot different.

Keeping it simple with burgers.
by IndianaIrish131131  (2023-07-02 13:56:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m gonna go 2x2 with 2oz patties off a griddle. I’m throwing a little bit Worcestershire and panko into the mix. L, T, Kraft singles, grilled onions, potato bun. Mayo/Ketchup mix. Wash it down with some Bluepoint Lagers by the pool.

I’m feeding somewhere between 6-10 adults, and planning on hot dogs for the toddlers. It should be a glorious afternoon.

preciate the invite. Sounds really good. GO BRAVES! *
by 93NationalChampions  (2023-07-02 13:51:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tri-tips going on for a brief smoke before finishing on the
by 3rdSt  (2023-07-02 12:42:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

grill, with a simple Santa Maria rub.

That's hot. *
by 89Swine  (2023-07-02 12:00:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I bought a pork butt at the grocery store yesterday,
by Tex Francisco  (2023-07-02 11:50:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but somehow I failed to get it from the grocery store into my house, so I guess I'll be heading back to the store tomorrow.

Made paella on the grill yesterday. Chicken, shrimp, clams
by ANthro_domer  (2023-07-02 11:43:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And chorizo. Was pretty damn good.

2 pork loins in mesquite. Chicken will probably be Dales'
by TCIrish03  (2023-07-02 10:29:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marinade with some extra ginger.

Was actually going to grill yesterday, but the heat wave down here followed by a monsoon bumped me back.

Had mine on in the middle of the night
by ChicagoWave03  (2023-07-02 10:02:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So that I can FTC it and transport it to Lake Geneva for dinner this evening.