Albany and Syracuse are 7-7 in the 3rd
by ShermanOaksND (2016-05-15 21:11:23)

In reply to: Navy comes back to beat #4 Yale, 13-10  posted by IrishMace

Could be 3 upsets out of 4 games today.

Cuse hangs on 11-9
by Otter  (2016-05-15 21:43:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know Syracuse has a great name/pedigree, but if I hear one more ESPN pundit say that Syracuse was under seeded and should have been a top 4 seed, I'll take a hostage.

Yes, they finished strong, but a month ago it was uncertain if they'd make the tournament. They won the ACC tourney over NC and Duke. Big deal.

Would I want to play them in the final? No. But they deserved to be seeded where they are.

Oh, I want to play them in the final
by flanner96  (2016-05-15 21:48:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They had no answer for us earlier in the season. None. I don't care that they switched goalies, their O played scared against us and Kav ate their D for breakfast lunch and dinner.

If we find ourselves playing SU on Memorial Day, I'll be very, very happy with that matchup.

And Brown looked very, very dangerous at the X.
by Porpoiseboy  (2016-05-15 23:03:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brown owned Hopkins. I felt we were pretty lucky to win a lot of the faceoffs we did. Brown looked like the could take 2/3 of the faceoffs or better against any opponent. And they were straight FO wins, not just throwing out 50/50 balls from the X & see who gets it like most of ours were. What has killed us most this year is losing the faceoff battle. So playing orange instead of brown might be very good.