Next year
by flanner96 (2015-05-26 09:30:46)

We lose Doyle, Ossello, Marlatt and Corrigan. Big losses to sure, but man do we have a whole lot coming back.

This is admittedly a very superficial analysis, but clearly a national title is again in our reach in 2016. Anything less than a return trip to the Final Four (absent significant injuries) should probably be considered a disappointment.

Compared to other teams, we return a ton of talent
by ccndbound  (2015-05-28 08:18:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree, we should be preseason top 4. However, I think the loss of Doyle is going to hurt more than people think. He was a great compliment to Kav and could frequently beat his man on match ups out of the box or coming from X. While Wynn was not asked to be a dodger this year, I hope he proves to have the ability to beat his man 1 on 1. We need another dodger from attack other than Kav next year.

D will be great. Other middies will step up. Goalie will be strong. Filling Doyle's void will be key.

Excellent Point on Doyle
by flanner96  (2015-05-28 09:31:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect that Wynne was doing what he was asked to do this year and we'll see him slide into Doyle's role and we'll find someone --Lubowicki maybe? A current or incoming freshman?-- to play the crease attack role.

Was going to post same thing after agonizing defeat.
by irishbantam  (2015-05-26 22:16:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We do have a lot returning - most importantly the entire defense. Ossello and Marlatt were good leaders. Their loss can't be measured in numbers.

I like our chances next year.

Syracuse and UNC lose a lot. This was their year.

Look for Maryland, Duke, DU and ND in the top-4.

I like our chances.
by Porpoiseboy  (2015-05-26 10:24:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While we had a great season we had some close ones. NC and Cuse could have easily been losses. Could have been worse. Flip side - both Denver games could have been wins. Could have been better.

Hard to think our offense will get worse. Same for D & GT. If we improve at faceoffs, again, I like our chances.

Faceoffs are an area I'd like to see improve significantly
by Domer99  (2015-05-26 10:48:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the season ND was .500 on FOs.

In the games we lost:

Denver (NCAAs) - 9/24
Duke (ACC tourn.) - 7/24
Denver (reg. season) - 7/23

Even the close games we eeked out:

Syracuse - 11/29
North Carolina - 15/33

If we had been even 50/50 in those games, I think you'd have seen a very dominant ND team.

I forgot Near
by flanner96  (2015-05-26 11:35:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if Henry Williams can apply to come back or not, but the defensive midfield could have a new look. Byrne's system will probably take care of that though, especially with the entire back line returning.

One area I was pleased with most this season was D.
by Porpoiseboy  (2015-05-26 11:57:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The way we rode players, our active sticks, hopefully that was all good coaching and technique and therefore coachable. Hope to see tons more of same next season.

ND's ride is an awesome sight to behold. Wish more teams
by steelhop  (2015-05-27 09:24:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

meaning my alma mater, would play that way on the ride.

"The way we rode players, our active sticks . . ."
by Magnitude  (2015-05-26 16:57:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beavis laughs.

Ha!
by Porpoiseboy  (2015-05-26 19:43:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wish that had been intentional. I'm losing my touch.

Holy cow. For whatever reason I thought Kavanagh was a SR
by Domer99  (2015-05-26 10:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess we've been hearing his name so often that it just seemed like he was that old.

That, and Landis and Perkovic? Not sure there is a more prohibitive favorite going into next season.