Today they started jumping his first pitch strikes...
by ndroman21 (2024-04-21 16:57:59)

In reply to: Not convinced either way. More concerned re Hendricks.  posted by bizdomer09

...and he was leaving them over the middle of the plate rather than around the edges.

I certainly am concerned there too, and wish more had been done with the entire pitching staff.

He’s throwing BP out there…
by wiNDycityfan  (2024-04-21 21:25:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s always adjusted, to an extent, but his stuff is awful. I won’t go as far as pulling him from the rotation, but maybe skip a start to see if we can catch lightning in a bottle.

The Professor’s ride is running on empty.

Wish granted. Hendricks to IL due to “lower back”
by bizdomer09  (2024-04-23 17:41:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think “lower back” is translated as: let’s sit a couple of starts to hit the reset button and see if that helps.

Lower back? I think they meant whiplash.
by CJC  (2024-04-23 18:03:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, I actually like Hendricks and hope he can figure things out.

I just can't resist a wide open net.

"Kyle, are you hurt?"
by Chuck84  (2024-04-24 15:52:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"You look like you're hurt to me. Yeah, probably your lower back. Go get some rest ... until, like, August."

Take the empty netter.
by bizdomer09  (2024-04-24 09:45:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s been a rough go for Hendricks. I haven’t watched much this year but when I have he doesn’t look like he’s having fun out there. Only time I’ve seen him more agitated was handing the ball over to Joe Maddon in Game 7.