Feedback from a local lurker
by El Kabong (2024-04-15 12:10:04)
Edited on 2024-04-15 12:10:14

In reply to: I like to see that Elijah Malone visited  posted by Mark_It_Zero

The ops got this message this morning:

Good Morning,

I do not post on NDNation but I faithfully read Rocks, Cartier, and the Pit. There is a thread on the Pit about Elijah Malone. I live 1/2 mile from Westview HS and my sons are in Westview and we go to all their games. Prairie Heights where Malone played is a big rival for Westview. Until Malone came along Westview pretty much dominated them.

All of that to say that I saw Malone play several times in HS and was not impressed at all. He was very slow and quite frankly lazy. I never dreamed he was D1 talent. Charlie Yoder a Westview kid who played D1 @ Incarnate Word was a far better player.

Having said all that I know the kid has lost a bunch of weight and looks like he's found some motivation to play a little harder. I never watched him in college and kids can transform a lot from 18 to 22. I am not a coach or anyone that has any basketball acumen other than I love watching ND and Westview basketball. Made it to 6 games at ND this year and brought my sons each time. I also never dreamed when I watched NC State break ND's heart in January they would be in the F4.

Anyway, Just wanted to offer what I saw when I watched him in HS and I am NOT saying he can't help ND just that IMO watching him in HS I never dreamed he'd be ND material. From everything I've seen and heard he's a good kid. His little brother coached my 13 year old at a camp at St Francis in Ft Wayne and my son loved Eljah's little brother for what that's worth.

We are definitely cheering for him and would love to see him help ND next year.