Chris Beard is perfect for them
by Freight Train (2024-04-11 19:01:46)

In reply to: Cross Scott Drew’s name off oh the UK wishlist.  posted by usaf_irish

He’s only 51, he’s a total scum bag (cultural fit) and he can really coach. I think he’s a perfect fit. Kelvin Sampson would also have been a great cultural and acumen fit, but he’s 68 years old.

From his Wikipedia page.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-11 20:00:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chris Beard spent 10 years coaching at Texas Tech under Bob Knight and his son Pat Knight, often citing the influence of the two men as his keys to success.

You may not care for Knight, but he had an incredible basket
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-11 20:20:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ball mind. He knew how to coach the game.

I’m not speaking of his coaching ability.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-11 20:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is beyond reproach. He’s Top 3 of all time however you slice it.

But he was also an asshole. An incredible bleeding asshole. Not only that, but his coaching chops had clearly diminished when he got to Tech.

Your opinion doesn’t really
by nd67  (2024-04-11 21:35:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

matter but the majority of
his players loved him and
so did his mama.

I heard jesus loves him too.
by Ndwahoo  (2024-04-14 10:05:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But everyone else thought he was an asshole.

I suspect many of his players had stockholm syndrome.

I’d guess Chris Beard learned a lot coaching under Knight
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-11 20:47:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at Texas Tech. That’s my only point.