How does he stack up to where Wesley was?
by wiNDycityfan (2024-04-11 15:25:00)

In reply to: There is no way he is ready or will be drafted  posted by JBrock18

While his body may not NBA-ready, seems to me he played at that level or better didn’t he?

He stacks up short by a good 7 inches. *
by Kayo  (2024-04-11 19:16:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Blake's ceiling is/was far higher
by mocopdx  (2024-04-11 16:58:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Due to height and length alone. Blake is a better athlete on top of that. While Burton might be the better college player, the NBA drafts on pro potential, not college performance. They're not even close in those terms.

Wesley does one thing well, run and dribble real fast
by DomerJon  (2024-04-12 08:22:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

towards the basket. He's a 20% 3 point shooter and won't be in the league very long doing that.Also, Wesley is on a horrible team and doesn't play a lot. Burton can carve out a longer career if he improves his outside shot just a bit. He has a mid-range game and has shown he can get to the basket among the trees. I see Burton surpassing anything Wesley has or will do, just my opinion.

Wesley’s game has improved this year
by NH74Domer  (2024-04-12 09:18:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s part of a regular rotation off the bench and seems to distributing the ball pretty well judging by his assist numbers. I think he’s fortunate to be playing for Pop.