I don’t disagree with any of this.
by usaf_irish (2024-04-02 20:38:32)

In reply to: I think it is probably the greatest challenge right now,  posted by chicos bail bonds

I just don’t think that the trend holds.

We’re already seeing donors losing their appetite for trying to buy championships. Mainly because it doesn’t work.

I also think that these kids are smart enough to eventually understand that 150-200k in NIL money in college won’t take them that far in the real world without a degree and an alumni network working for them. There have been a couple of players already who’ve been talking to kids about ignoring the NIL genie and instead focusing on programs that can either get them to the pros with a good shot of sticking or programs that can them up for when the ball stops bouncing. In 5-6 years, everyone is going to see that NIL only really works for the best of the best and everyone else had better have a longer term vision or they’ll be doing factory work or coaching youth basketball for a pittance compared to what they could be making with a solid degree.

Yes, there will always be those kids who don’t give a damn and chase whatever money they can get when they can get it. But from what I’ve seen and read, I think that number will remain low and probably won’t be the kinds of kids that Notre Dame appealed to in the first place.