At the very end of Mike Frank's latest Power Hour
by miamioh_irishfan (2024-04-02 11:22:13)
Edited on 2024-04-02 11:23:46

he said that he would be most concerned about ND men's basketball in terms of where they stand with NIL support. They're doing a pretty good job everywhere else.

How does that change?

Right around the 57:00 mark if you want to hear it for yourself.

You have $1k to donate to NIL
by El Kabong  (2024-04-02 12:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you going to give it to FB so they can get a quarterback or BB so they can get a center?

Basketball every time. Impact of one person to a team
by Chicos bail bonds  (2024-04-02 12:38:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of five is significant. Plus, basketball has never had the resources that football has had.

I think Bonger's point is that you are an outlier
by mocopdx  (2024-04-02 12:47:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The vast majority of ND athletics fans(especially those with the real money) are going to try to help ND football over any other sport ten times out of ten.

I agree with you. I just wanted to be on record
by chicos bail bonds  (2024-04-02 20:06:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that I would support the basketball program. I was encouraged to see Paxson at a game earlier this year as well as the news he is getting involved. We are going to need more former players and alums with deep pockets getting involved.

thats strange
by DBCooper  (2024-04-02 11:35:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and obviously Mike would know better than me, but one of the supposed requirements from Shrews when he was being hired was a strong interest and plan for NIL for the team. That was an issue with PSU and Shrews was vocal about it.

That has to a blow to Coach.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-02 19:58:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know for a fact that PSU had plans in place to significantly ramp up NIL spending on basketball if he had stayed.

There was even rumblings about building a brand new practice facility there.

Hopefully some donors step up, otherwise the men will remain the #2 tenant at Purcell.

He made it sound like more of an issue with finding donors
by Lefty 04  (2024-04-02 12:21:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He basically said they're trying, but you also need people to donate to it. Of course, that can also be an institutional problem if they're not putting the priority on finding the donors. Tough to really tell based on a quick comment like that.

Would PC be willing to be like BQ is for FB NIL?
by graNDfan  (2024-04-03 08:31:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or are there hard feelings over MB’s departure?

I'm not aware of any hard feelings among the alums *
by El Kabong  (2024-04-03 09:18:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well if he looked at it objectively.....
by supernd  (2024-04-03 08:38:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He would know that it was time for MB to go.